PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Pro
Carrier: Sprint

CareTake12 is keeping up the good workCareTake12 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possilbe Dead Pixel

Hi. I just received my TP2 and it's freaking awesome! But i have one concerned about dead pixel. When i turn the camera on, there is 2 white pixel in the middle of my screen and one blinking red pixel on the very top ( to see it i have to be in a dark area). I just wanted to confirm if it is a dead pixel. I had a dead pixel on my TP1 and knows how it looks like but these seems very small and the red blinking pixel might be for a camera. Anyone notice this stuff when they turn the camera on. I can't see the pixel on normal viewing just when it's all black. Sorry for this thread but im paranoid. The phone is worth 647.02 and i dont' want a defective phone. Could someone please check there phone real quick to see if they see scatter like white pixel and a red blinking pixel. I compared it to the TP1 and the dark and TP1 doesn't have it. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Possilbe Dead Pixel

Not sure if you saw this or not, but there's actually a whole thread about this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83871
Old 09-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Dude, that sucks I would get it exchange for sure. You can also look at this thread as well http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83871

Edit: LOL, guess you beat me to it

Old 09-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ObsoleteE is keeping up the good workObsoleteE is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ObsoleteE

Sounds like dead pixels to me, the reason they are smaller is because of the higher resolution. Time to exchange your phone. This is one reason why I am waiting for the phone to be available in stores. I want to have a look at it before I pay. Good luck.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Hero
Carrier: Telus

freebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Red blinking pixel is a "hot pixel" may be the camera itself, the white ones are dead or stuck pixels...I found some on mine a couple of days ago. I suggest exchanging your phone. There are multiple threads and even a poll on this already that will have more info for you.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

These discussions actually remind me of the Hanging Chad controversy in Florida during the 2000 elections.

Anyway an accurate definition of each of the defective pixel types can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defective_pixel
Old 09-16-2009, 12:01 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

yA.. RED PIXEL IS A cmos DEFECTIVE PIXEL. nOTHING YOU CAN DO BUT SPIT AT IT.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

docprego is becoming a great contributor

I'm a bit ticked at my TP2 experience. My first had 10 (yes 10!) dead pixels and my new replacement has 2. Last year I went through a couple of TP1's before I got one I was happy with, but none of those had any dead pixels. This seems to be particularly problematic with the TP2.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:21 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by docprego View Post
I'm a bit ticked at my TP2 experience. My first had 10 (yes 10!) dead pixels and my new replacement has 2. Last year I went through a couple of TP1's before I got one I was happy with, but none of those had any dead pixels. This seems to be particularly problematic with the TP2.

Yup. I have said this on the day it came out. Well... actually I said it the 1st day it came out on Sprint. I said this... "Dead and Stuck pixels WILL be the Achilles Heal for the Pro2."
Old 09-16-2009, 12:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ObsoleteE is keeping up the good workObsoleteE is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ObsoleteE

Has anyone thus far had a phone that was okay and later had a pixel die?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2