PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sfetaz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth not working at all on Verizon TP2

Had the TP2 since saturday with no problems. Today I go to turn on bluetooth through the communication settings and after 10 seconds get the error "Can't turn on bluetooth." When I go to all settings and select bluetooth nothing happens. I took out the battery and soft reset the phone but no luck. Do I have to hard reset or is there something else I can try? If hard resetting doesn't work, it means I need to replace the phone right?
Old 09-15-2009, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus
Carrier: Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff
Re: Bluetooth not working at all on Verizon TP2

Have you installed tomtom 7 on your TP2? This messes around with the bluetooth. Otherwise i would say you need to a hard reset. If it still doesn't work than you know it's a hardware issue; take it back and get a new unit.

Just in case you don't know, hard reset with the phone off (vol. down+send kay+end key) keep all pressed until gray screen comes up. Follow the onscreen instructions and your good to go.

"True knowledge exists in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates
Old 09-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

jhintz20 is a n00b
Re: Bluetooth not working at all on Verizon TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfetaz View Post
Had the TP2 since saturday with no problems. Today I go to turn on bluetooth through the communication settings and after 10 seconds get the error "Can't turn on bluetooth." When I go to all settings and select bluetooth nothing happens. I took out the battery and soft reset the phone but no luck. Do I have to hard reset or is there something else I can try? If hard resetting doesn't work, it means I need to replace the phone right?
Did you happen to delete or kill a file called 'BTTrayCE'? That file is in /Windows/StartUp folder. When I killed that file, I received the same 'Can't turn on bluetooth' message. I then started that file again, and haven't received that message since.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2