PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

themogul8 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: USB Charging Cradle For CDMA Touch Pro2

Anyone actually receive a cradle for the CDMA Touch Pro2 that works yet?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

ron-tx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
Boxwave also says they have a screen protector made for / specific for the Verizon version of the TP2, but, it's not. I confirmed with them, they are making one, but they don't have it yet and for now you'll get the GSM version.

Considering the picture for that cradle is the same as the GSM one, I'm guessing you're going to get a GSM one. Which won't fit due to the center USB it has. Sorry but let me know if I'm wrong!

They really need to update their page as it's kind of dishonest as is right now. Also, those cradles they sell are generic asian import types that you can get on Ebay for $5 shipped for other phones, I'm sure they just slap their name on 'em but they really charge way too much considering how chintzy they are.
Haven't received it yet, will post results as soon as it comes in. As for the screen/body protection I got mine from Ghost Armor. They originally sent me the GSM version; I emailed them and within 2 days I had the correct template for the Verizon version. Their product appears to be the same as Invisible Shield (Zagg).
Old 10-01-2009, 09:52 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Innodock Jr. Desktop Cradle - Black

MSRP: US$29.95

Availability:
Coming Soon
Product Code: CRJHTP2S-BKC

Description Compatibility
The Innodock Jr. is a convenient desktop cradle that allows you to sync and charge your device at the same time. It is compatible with bare phones as well as phones using any one of our Innocases or skins. The Innodock Jr.'s distinctive dome shape provides users an alternative to a boring, square dock

Unique design allows for syncing and charging at the same time
- Charge via included USB cable
- LED power display
- Compatible with our skins, Innocases, and Innocell Extended Life Batteries

For use with Verizon HTC Touch Pro2 / Sprint HTC Touch Pro2

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/crjhtp2s-bkc.htm

I'll be waiting and watching!!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 10-02-2009, 02:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Ya I'll prolly get an Innodock too because I'll have an innocase hopefully soon and it's not likely to fit any other charging cradle due to the increase in size. Wish it wasn't $30, that's pretty pricey IMHO for what it is.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:01 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Yeah, it's a little more then I'd like it to be too.

Have you used their Innocases before? If so, how are they? They say they are only 1mm thick. That's pretty cool, I hate cases or skins that add a lot of bulk.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Yeah, it's a little more then I'd like it to be too.

Have you used their Innocases before? If so, how are they? They say they are only 1mm thick. That's pretty cool, I hate cases or skins that add a lot of bulk.
For a device like this with a sliding keyboard, it's the best case you can buy IMHO. The sliding nature of the phone really prevents how you could have a case on at all times and still use the phone with no loss of functionality. The innocase finish is slightly rubbery (like the back of the TP2 is now finally!) but over it's whole surface, which greatly improves grip. I have dropped my Titan and as had my friends their iphones and TP1s several times and suffered no damage. They do a great amount of shock dampening. One downside is that the little tabs that hold them on tend to break with impact, but I'd rather the case suffered damage then the phone! A dab of hot glue or adhesive to stick the case to the phone fixes that.. and on my Titan, I had several broken tabs and no adhesive and it still stays on fine.

Their holsters are also the best, and they make specific models for use with their innocase so it holds it just as tight. The holsters have a spring loaded locking release, and they are used screen in to protect the screen, with velvet lining on the screen side.

Very Highly recommended. The whole office uses them now on a multitude of devices.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

themogul8 is a n00b

Anyone get their cradle in yet?
Old 10-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

ron-tx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron-tx View Post
Haven't received it yet, will post results as soon as it comes in. As for the screen/body protection I got mine from Ghost Armor. They originally sent me the GSM version; I emailed them and within 2 days I had the correct template for the Verizon version. Their product appears to be the same as Invisible Shield (Zagg).
Well as some expected, it was not to the correct cradle. It didn't have the offset USB port that the Verizon phone needs. I've sent Boxwave an email, hope they respond.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

themogul8 is a n00b

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the update, it is often a hassle to live at the bleeding edge of technology. Let us know what they say.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Just for those who may or may not have the original HTC CR G300 desktop cradle which fit your Touch Pro/Diamond etc, I have altered the cradle to accomodate the Sprint version of the Touch Pro 2 which has the 3.5mm audio jack. I can confirm the charger works perfectly and is still fully functional with the original rear audio jack on the cradle. If anyone is interesed I can post some directions on how to do this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2