PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 06:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

lynnpreston is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problems with U-Connect (handsfree)

I have had all the above issues as well. Unfortunately, I just bought a new $130 Moto HX1 - which is now annoying to use. How does this get past alpha (let alone beta) testing? Are we back in 2003 when Bluetooth was just getting a foothold? Wow.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dodgeboy is becoming a great contributor

I sent HTC support a message this morning. I encourage all of you to do the same, so that they know how serious this problem is. Here's a link:

http://www.htc.com/us/CS_Mail.aspx

I don't know if it will be more effective to talk directly to HTC, or go through Sprint.

Dave

Last edited by dodgeboy; 09-16-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I may take a lot of emails, this is what I received last from HTC.
Thank you for your reply. We do test the devices with popular brands such as Motorola and Jawbone. At this time, I suggest deleting the partnership and remaking it on the device. To do this, Slide to the Settings Tab> Tap Communications> Tap Bluetooth> Tap the device name> Tap Menu> Tap Delete. Then Repair the headset with your device. Once the device has repaired with the headset. Then Make sure the services are available. To do this, Tap the device name> Menu> Update. This will bring up the available services. Make sure the ones you want are checked. Then tap done.
If this does not resolve the issue, I recommend performing a hard reset on the device. NOTE: Performing a hard reset will delete all of your personal data from the device. Please back up your data using Microsoft ActiveSync for Windows XP or Windows Mobile Device Center for Windows Vista.
To reset the device, go to: Settings Tab> All Settings> System Tab> Clear Storage. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the reset. Allow the device a few minutes to restart and evaluate the results.
I hope I have answered your questions in detail. Feel free to contact us again if your have any further technical inquiries. We will be more than happy to help you. Thank you for contacting HTC Technical Support.

I do not think they will do anything, I hope I am wrong
Old 09-16-2009, 08:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

dodgeboy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssteven365 View Post
I'm having the same problem in both my Avenger and Journey. Hope this is fixable in some way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
I may take a lot of emails, this is what I received last from HTC.
Thank you for your reply. We do test the devices with popular brands such as Motorola and Jawbone. At this time, I suggest deleting the partnership and remaking it on the device. To do this, Slide to the Settings Tab> Tap Communications> Tap Bluetooth> Tap the device name> Tap Menu> Tap Delete. Then Repair the headset with your device. Once the device has repaired with the headset. Then Make sure the services are available. To do this, Tap the device name> Menu> Update. This will bring up the available services. Make sure the ones you want are checked. Then tap done.
If this does not resolve the issue, I recommend performing a hard reset on the device. NOTE: Performing a hard reset will delete all of your personal data from the device. Please back up your data using Microsoft ActiveSync for Windows XP or Windows Mobile Device Center for Windows Vista.
To reset the device, go to: Settings Tab> All Settings> System Tab> Clear Storage. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the reset. Allow the device a few minutes to restart and evaluate the results.
I hope I have answered your questions in detail. Feel free to contact us again if your have any further technical inquiries. We will be more than happy to help you. Thank you for contacting HTC Technical Support.

I do not think they will do anything, I hope I am wrong
I actually had a heck of a time pairing it with my U-Connect, too (error pairing, then it prompted me for a password again, etc.)... I don't hope to go through that process again any time soon. Please let me know if it helps you.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

When I first say this problem pop up I stopped in buying until this is fixed .I do not have TP2 yet because this will kill me for BT not to work. I have my ear piece in 12 or more hours a day. I am a Electrical Contractor and can not pull phone out to answer or see who is calling.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mshefke is just getting started

Does anyone have experience with using bluetooth on a Ford vehicle with Sync? Just curious because I had audio problems on the listener side and it didnt' always connect immediately.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:25 AM
Lurker

lynnpreston is a n00b

I've tried repairing the device and even two hard resets (yes, two hard resets in one day) all to no avail. I urge everyone to submit an email to HTC explaining the problem and that hard resets and re-pairing does not correct the problem.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

I don't see this as a total deal breaker. I just need to condition myself to press the hang up button twice. Everything else works as expected, really. No other complaints on my end. I'm certainly sending them an e-mail though. But I don't think this issue warrants not experiencing this fantastic phone.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

Message sent to HTC. I explained to them that I'm aware that many others are having a similar problem and while I don't expect them to fix it immediately, I hope that all of us coming to them together will encourage them to research and fix the issue for a new firmware release.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Lurker

lynnpreston is a n00b

Just for the record, double-tapping the call button on the headset does NOT end the call for me. Most times it doesn't do anything. Sometimes the call will end 10 seconds after I hit the call button.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2