PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to land2634
Re: got my tp2 for 200

lol guess I could have pressed my luck with retentions since I was in that group of people that were part of the employee fraud whereby employees were placing false claims on accounts and selling the devices on eBay. Caused me some headache, and to top it off I was out of phone service for a week because of the billing issue caused by the false claims. Eventually got it worked out, but it wasn't fun to be certain. Oh well, I'm happy with my TP2 thus far. Easily the most solid WM device I've used. Didn't think it would be worth the upgrade from the TP, but I'm glad I did it so far.

Forums and columns for all sports fans!
Old 09-09-2009, 03:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ravic is a n00b

I am in the same boat. I refuse to pay them $410. I will stick with my diamond until i see these on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
They will have the full tax too, so more like $260 for the VZW people. Apples to apples, since you including tax in your Sprint price. I'm not going to pay it either though. I can wait till hell freezes over.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
@ bored; i was around when you posted that lol! you saw what happened to you lol! everybodys' situation is different so not everyone will get treated the same. if they don't get your deal(whoevers), they call you a liar.
I won't call anyone a liar, and even challenged the supervisors to look through their records and see that others had gotten it cheaper, and they said if anyone did, the employee might be in trouble.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:52 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

when someone asked a few days ago about the price matching thing, i said that i think that VZWs price would probably have to be posted and official for it to work... technically from Sprints standpoint, theres no proof yet of VZWs 199 price, so if OP did do it, hes slick..

my price isnt from asking to price match... mine was a call from Sprint to Me, i didnt initiate it nor did i ask or try to haggle for it... i honestly wasnt gonna pick one up, not for awhile atleast, if it hadnt been for my deal.... best 200 dollar phone ive ever had LOL
Old 09-09-2009, 04:46 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I talked to Verizon today and they confirmed the $199 price tag on the Touch Pro 2 on Friday. When I called Sprint to talk to them about it, they refused to lower the price on the TP2 because "it was released yesterday". I sent one last slap in the face e-mail to Sprint saying how they don't care about their customers anymore, and that if they don't match close to Verizon's price, I'm walking, which I will.

I have a friend who will take over liability on my SERO plan, and I will happily pay for a full plan with Verizon, whom I've heard nothing but good things about lately. Sayonara, Sprint. The headaches this stupid company gives me is not worth my $30/mo plan.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800

AVakil is a n00b

i got my tp2 for the normal 410 after rebate. if i call saying verizon is selling for 200 and they say "well your plan is $30 a month" -- I think they would have a good point.

The HTC Mogul was about 300 for the longest time, over a year after it came out.

The TP2 is a great phone, I'm a happy man so far.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

saibot is keeping up the good worksaibot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I have a friend who will take over liability on my SERO plan, and I will happily pay for a full plan with Verizon, whom I've heard nothing but good things about lately. Sayonara, Sprint. The headaches this stupid company gives me is not worth my $30/mo plan.
Well, I just don't think Sprint is that concerned about a $30/mo customer. Verizon's service is going to cost you more and they are:
A) Going to suck up the rest of the cost of the phone + more
B) Getting a crippled version again.

Talk to them about moving up to Simply Everything and they might work with you. Otherwise, enjoy the crippled and more expensive (in the long run) VZ TP2.

*Well, I stand corrected. Guess verizon has learned not to cripple the TP2. Either way, I learned a long time ago not to jump providers over a phone. Go for better/cheaper service in your area. If you want to be cheap, there are other phones for you.

Last edited by saibot; 09-09-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TPro2

Briz600 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Well, I just don't think Sprint is that concerned about a $30/mo customer. Verizon's service is going to cost you more and they are:
A) Going to suck up the rest of the cost of the phone + more
B) Getting a crippled version again.

Talk to them about moving up to SERO and they might work with you. Otherwise, enjoy the crippled and more expensive (in the long run) VZ TP2.
Crippled ?
Old 09-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

see what you started op lol!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
see what you started op lol!
It actually worked for me. Thanks OP for the story. Unfortunately my line isn't eligible so I "upgraded my mother-in-law's" phone. She gave me a $100 service credit, making it $420 out da door. Also, unfortunately, I'm going to activate it on my line which, in turn, voids the dang rebate. Oh well, I went into this think I was going to pay $520 out da door so I guess I can give up the rebate.

OH!! And when I mentioned the e-mail I got today about a "super secret anouncement" for Sprint Premier Customers tomorrow, she flipped out! She sounded more excited than a kid on Christmas morn!!! But she wouldn't tell me what it was, just that it's "worth the wait" Hopefully it's not 1 year upgrade eligibility on all lines!!!

"Oh, and I found out I'm eligible for 10 lines on my account!!! Who needs 10 lines?!"
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.

Last edited by dbldwn02; 09-09-2009 at 09:05 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2