PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TPro2
Carrier: Sprint

Briz600 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: got my tp2 for 200

Talked to retentions nobody will do anything for me. Im over a year away from my 2 year on all 3 of my lines. Best they offer is 100$ credit. Looks like 200 Sprint ETF + 200 Verizon tp2 = 400 is the best deal I can get.

Might be heading to Verizon if i want a TP2. I cant think of any other way to do it without spending 600$. I get better service with Verizon anyway.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 optimized

rcrawfo2 is becoming a great contributor

Well i got $150 off "2yr contract of course" free next day shipping, no activation fee, Additional $70 off "because i said some of my friends got additional $50 off " and 25% off all accessories at store. So i guess the biggest thing with me was additional $70 off. So $280 before tax.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

bertimus2002 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briz600 View Post
Talked to retentions nobody will do anything for me. Im over a year away from my 2 year on all 3 of my lines. Best they offer is 100$ credit. Looks like 200 Sprint ETF + 200 Verizon tp2 = 400 is the best deal I can get.

Might be heading to Verizon if i want a TP2. I cant think of any other way to do it without spending 600$. I get better service with Verizon anyway.

It may be cheaper for the phone to go to Verizon, but I would be willing to bet you would pay more over the life of the contract with the monthly bill than you would have for the same level of service with Sprint...just my .02
Old 09-09-2009, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

pr0ject is a n00b

i just paid 510.00 for my tp2 and i am seriously considering returning it and just getting the diamond instead, i had the touch but i can't justify 410 after rebate for this phone... its nice... but its not 410.00 nice especially knowing that my vzw counter parts are getting it for 200 bucks
Old 09-09-2009, 01:34 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
anyone can bargain with any company. sprint called us because we're premier plus we've bought maybe 12 different phones during our 9 years(my wife was due in july). they offered the tp2 for XXX(won't say, real cheap though). my wife turned it down. we don't want the poor quality build anymore.
damn man where were u when i made my thread about my phone call... i dont need to keep it a secret, since i made a thread... Sprint Primier Rep called me and offered me one for 199 flat, no MIR, like 2 weeks ago(still had to wait fir availability though)... i post a thread about it, and i got called a liar and all kinds of stuff.. you shouldve chimed in for me... i had one guy in particular that just wouldnt let up.... and it funny, he was like the first to get a TP2 in the mail LOL

about price matching... im a "salesman"(LOL) and a chef, so im used to telling people what they wanna do and how they wanna do it... i treat sprint the same way for the most part... their always great for me... i was planning on calling Sprint monday, after VZWs had been available for a few days... if i get them to price match, ill probably buy 5 of em and sell on ebay and craigslist for 300 flat.... heck ill do it as many times as sprint would let me really...

its not a scam, just a price match... just gets turned into a hustle on my end for the re-sale is all..
Old 09-09-2009, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If any of you work for a company that has business contracts with sprint you can get as low as $199.99.

Ones I know:
$199.99 - www.sprint.com/accenture

$299.99 - www.sprint.com/avanade

$349.99 (not that it matters) - www.sprint.com/microsoft ; www.sprint.com/ford ; www.sprint.com/bestbuy ; www.sprint.com/officedepot ; www.sprint.com/ibm

Feel free to try your company and see. Most of these are done through a third party called BlueFish, so might be able to get a deal. Of course this doesn't help many people sicne you need to prove you work there, but hey, it shows you can get for $199.99 w/o trying to scam or convince retentions that you'll leave sprint (which you probably wont) if you don't get for cheaper.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Ranchosteve is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Ranchosteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0ject View Post
i just paid 510.00 for my tp2 and i am seriously considering returning it and just getting the diamond instead, i had the touch but i can't justify 410 after rebate for this phone... its nice... but its not 410.00 nice especially knowing that my vzw counter parts are getting it for 200 bucks
I am in the same boat, I kinda miss my diamond.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have tried everything, multiple times, on multiple days. I've talked to Telesales, SERO Telesales, and Retentions. One girl in retentions tried to look up Verizon having a final price of $199, and said it doesn't show up on Verizon's site. T-Mobile's site is showing $349 now. The fact my 5th Mogul is on the way doesn't matter. I spoke to the supervisor. She said there was a STRONG directive to not give any other credits in association with someone buying the TP2, the Pre, and one other model, I forget which.

So I gave up for now. I'm not going to pay that much up front. They wouldn't even sell it to me for normal price with them applying the rebate up front. NO DEAL
Old 09-09-2009, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0ject View Post
They will have the full tax too, so more like $260 for the VZW people. Apples to apples, since you including tax in your Sprint price. I'm not going to pay it either though. I can wait till hell freezes over.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

@ bored; i was around when you posted that lol! you saw what happened to you lol! everybodys' situation is different so not everyone will get treated the same. if they don't get your deal(whoevers), they call you a liar.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2