PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76
Official Sprint TP2 Pros and Cons thread...

I know you guys have only had the phone for a few hours, but honestly, what do you think? I'm definately gonna get one, but just waiting to hear just how good this phone really is. I've only got a $75 credit coming so I really want to make sure it is worth it. So, if it really snappier? I know it looks great, but I was just unsure of what to think about all the hoopla about how it was exactly the same phone just bigger screen.

So, is it just the same phone with a bigger screen? I would love to know the pro's and cons of this phone verus the TP1. Plz? Also, I know its to early to tell, but how is the batttttterrrry????

THanks guys in advance. I'm glad yall didn't Revolt!!!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Official Sprint TP2 Pros and Cons thread...

I love mines so far, it is very responsive especially for a stock rom and its really not that big and to me it feels better and more comfortable in my hand compared to the tp1. Really gonna need to get use to not having a d-pad though. I keep finding myself pausing trying to figure out what to do next instead of just touching the screen.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
I love mines so far, it is very responsive especially for a stock rom and its really not that big and to me it feels better and more comfortable in my hand compared to the tp1. Really gonna need to get use to not having a d-pad though. I keep finding myself pausing trying to figure out what to do next instead of just touching the screen.
you can always use the direction arrows, and enter key on the keyboard whenever possible.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:16 PM

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

I may be the only person that feels this way but I kind of like the grey theme with the orange highlights as well.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Loving my Pro2 as well. The build quality is really top notch this time around. Even the battery door feels sturdy & well made. The screen is slick & browsing the web is a blast. I find myself using the keyboard every chance I get. The only cons I got thus far is not being able to remap the back button, the fact that I have to pull the battery cover to perform a soft reset, sometimes the zoom bar sticks and the lack of a case....

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 09-04-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I may be the only person that feels this way but I kind of like the grey theme with the orange highlights as well.
To each their own...
Old 09-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

will it squeeze in ur old pro case or those that have the Mogul will it fit in that case. And also does it have a screen protector?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
Loving my Pro2 as well. The build quality is really top notch this time around. Even the battery door feels sturdy & well made. The screen is slick & browsing the web is a blast. I find myself using the keyboard every chance I get. The only cons I got thus far is not being able to remap the back button, the fact that I have to pull the battery cover to perform a soft reset the zoom bar sticks sometimes and the lack of a case....
I found my mogul's leather case laying around and it works perfectly. I was gonna buy one in the morning but after using my old case there is definitely no need for me to buy one now.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
At first I thought my phone was faulty - that grey background is not very sharp- I perfer the black of my touch pro1- does everyone have that "washed out" grey background?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
Even the battery door feels sturdy & well made.
There were some complaints on the Telus version that the battery cover creaked near the spacebar, so it will be interesting if you guys report this problem as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2