PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint TP2 Pros and Cons thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
Is there less "storage" and "program" memory available compared to the touch pro1?
program memory is less but storage is more.I also found out that bluetooth got a total facelift,I believe it has a new BT stack now,by using my Plantronics Voyager 855 stereo BT headset,i can only control audio from the headset itslef but not on the device anymore,good thing is,bt music audio is much louder now than my Diamond b4,i'm going to try my Moto S9 HD tonight when i get time to see how it sounds like.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Pro 2

noob007 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob007 View Post
I am from Sprintusers and some guys over are saying that its not worth the upgrade from the TP1. They have mentioned that upgrading to TP2 makes you loose the magnetic stylus, LED flash,removable flash card, 32 megs ram, hybrid capacitive lower dpad and something about no drivers. Can someone explain that one?
Can anyone verify all this info please.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

noob,
yes it no longer has the flash led light for the camera, no more magnetic stylus.... i don't know where they got the no card crap. of course it has the micro sdhc card slot. you have slightly less ram... and hybrid capacitive dpad? lol that thing is garbage.

what you do get is a much larger screen, a full tilting display with qwerty keyboard, 3.5mm audio jack finally. much more responsive screen, better build quality from what everyone has been saying about the diff models from other carriers and sprints too.

My guess are people are hating just because they dont ahve the disposable income to spend on the tp2. You obviously wouldnt turn down an upgrade if given the opportunity just because of a missing flash light and magnetic stylus. if the stylus stays in, who cares if it's magnetic.

edit: they may have been talking about the card slot being moved under the battery cover

Last edited by orlandojumpoff; 09-05-2009 at 11:02 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dukedvl is just getting started

I think that poster might have meant that is does not come with a flash card like the TP and Mogul did.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

CosmoPilot is keeping up the good workCosmoPilot is keeping up the good work

So far, I'm very excited about this new device. The TF3D interface is fast and responsive. I'm trying to figure out how to live without a D Pad as well.

For instance, when you need to select an item to delete it etc., it just opens the item. With a D Pad, I could just scroll down towards it. Now the keyboard has arrow keys which address this, but not much use in portrait mode. sometimes, i'd like to be able to scroll down. In screens where text is required in portrait, a keyboard appears on screen, and it too has arrows. Therefore, it is just a matter of getting used to it.

Glaring annoyances I see immediately:

1. When I text someone, I get a pop-up window stating my text message was sent. I really don't need this.
2. The only way to turn on the screen is by pressing the power button on the top of the device, pulling out the styalus, or sliding out the keyboard. I noticed this is a pain when I want to just make a phone call. I'd like to be able to wake the screen up by pressing the "Phone Send" hard key and have it go straight to the dialer.
3. The USB and AC power adapter are used togeter. Therefore, I can't have a dedicated wall charger and a USB hooked up to my computer at the same time without going out and purchasing an additional USB cable (come on Sprint...$600 bones for a BUSINESS Device...how about letting the user connect to our computers without unplugging our wall adapter)!

These 3 issues, are NOT deal breakers. Please don't take this post wrong, this phone is AWESOME!!! The screen is beautiful, the keyboard is top notch, the features and additional software on the phone are superior, web browsing is no longer a chore, but an enjoyment, speaker quality and noise cancellation is nicely done.

Don't let my "annoyances" sway you against this phone...it is the best phone I've had to date!

I'm hoping someone will be able to hack these away (minues the cord issue).

Cosmo
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob007 View Post
I am from Sprintusers and some guys over are saying that its not worth the upgrade from the TP1. They have mentioned that upgrading to TP2 makes you loose the magnetic stylus, LED flash,removable flash card, 32 megs ram, hybrid capacitive lower dpad and something about no drivers. Can someone explain that one?
One thing you have to remember is that we are all different people with different needs. Ok so it doesn't have a magnetic stylus, that doesn't bother me at all and doesn't prevent me from using the phone the way I normally would. Removable flash card? I am assuming you mean memory card. Now come on, how many of us actually use the one that it comes with? If it did come with one it would probably a 512mb or 1gb card, is that really a deal breaker? Hell you could easily get an 8gb for $13 free shipping. Now the ram issue I can understand but once you see how responsive this phone is especially running a stock rom then it won't be an issue any more. Yes the lack of a dpad will take some getting used to but thats the case with anything new and as far as no drivers, thats been an on going issue and not specifically related to the tp2 itself. If you are on the fence about getting one, remember sprint will give you 30 days to try it out. Make a decision on based on whats important to you and not what some else said. I really like this phone alot and I don't have any regrets at all about getting it and it was definitely worth the purchase. And yes I am upset about the lack of flash for the camera

Old 09-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoPilot View Post
So far, I'm very excited about this new device. The TF3D interface is fast and responsive. I'm trying to figure out how to live without a D Pad as well.

For instance, when you need to select an item to delete it etc., it just opens the item. With a D Pad, I could just scroll down towards it. Now the keyboard has arrow keys which address this, but not much use in portrait mode. sometimes, i'd like to be able to scroll down. In screens where text is required in portrait, a keyboard appears on screen, and it too has arrows. Therefore, it is just a matter of getting used to it.

Glaring annoyances I see immediately:

1. When I text someone, I get a pop-up window stating my text message was sent. I really don't need this.
2. The only way to turn on the screen is by pressing the power button on the top of the device, pulling out the styalus, or sliding out the keyboard. I noticed this is a pain when I want to just make a phone call. I'd like to be able to wake the screen up by pressing the "Phone Send" hard key and have it go straight to the dialer.
3. The USB and AC power adapter are used togeter. Therefore, I can't have a dedicated wall charger and a USB hooked up to my computer at the same time without going out and purchasing an additional USB cable (come on Sprint...$600 bones for a BUSINESS Device...how about letting the user connect to our computers without unplugging our wall adapter)!

These 3 issues, are NOT deal breakers. Please don't take this post wrong, this phone is AWESOME!!! The screen is beautiful, the keyboard is top notch, the features and additional software on the phone are superior, web browsing is no longer a chore, but an enjoyment, speaker quality and noise cancellation is nicely done.

Don't let my "annoyances" sway you against this phone...it is the best phone I've had to date!

I'm hoping someone will be able to hack these away (minues the cord issue).

Cosmo
1) you can fix the text thing by using these tips and modifications.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78019

2) with the tp1 pressing the phone hard key will not turn the phone on either, so turning the phone on is the same as with the first tp1.

3) that does kind of suck using them both at the same time but to get a mini usb cable for a computer most people have 2 or 3 laying around, I have about 7 or 8. The mini usb cable from the 1st tp works or any mini usb from a camera or other phone or device will work also so this shouldn't really be a detorrent for anyone.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: at&t/sprint

remydakid is keeping up the good workremydakid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to remydakid

pros: the new touchflo. great keyboard, 3.5 MM
cons:NO flash, a bit heavy. doesn't come with headphones, or holster

~~i hate the screen vibe..
Old 09-05-2009, 01:36 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

[QUOTE=p-slim;1142197]1) you can fix the text thing by using these tips and modifications.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78019

QUOTE]

Isn't there a registry hack to do this as well? Anybody remember? Thanks
Old 09-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Umm...a mere 16 hours later and i'm glad i made the purchase. I think it's a worthy upgrade from the TP1.

Opening the Windows folder takes 1 second.....ON STOCK ROM. how awesome is that?

TF3Dv2 is AWESOME.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2