PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: TP2 vs. TP battery life
Substantially better 18 75.00%
Somewhat better 4 16.67%
Same 2 8.33%
Worse 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bettery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtewps View Post
Every day I am floored on how well this battery performs. Not just compared to the TP1 but compared to MOST data handset devices. Working within a dealership I am able to compare a lot of these features over a the vast majority of current generation handsets.

The battery life for the TP2 always gets me into the next day without a charge. I am by no means being conservative either. My last full charge was yesterday morning at 8:21 to be exact and I am currently at 40% remainder. Since then, I have used my GPS, Speakerphone AND internet radio generously.

All I can say is treat your battery well, and it will return the favour. Always drain it when you can, and follow it with a full charge.

Hope this helps!
you will actually damage a lithium battery by draining it. cycling your battery is a old school method used on nickel cadmium batteries to prevent a memory effect. no such problem with lithium ion batteries.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 > Touch > Diamond > TP > TP2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

shtewps is keeping up the good workshtewps is keeping up the good work

I stand corrected, and thanks for bringing attention to it. I must have been referring to correcting the issue with regards to the life gauge. Please see below for relevant information:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battery University (www.batteryuniversity.com)
A lithium-ion battery provides 300-500 discharge/charge cycles. The battery prefers a partial rather than a full discharge. Frequent full discharges should be avoided when possible. Instead, charge the battery more often or use a larger battery. There is no concern of memory when applying unscheduled charges.

Although lithium-ion is memory-free in terms of performance deterioration, batteries with fuel gauges exhibit what engineers refer to as "digital memory". Here is the reason: Short discharges with subsequent recharges do not provide the periodic calibration needed to synchronize the fuel gauge with the battery's state-of-charge. A deliberate full discharge and recharge every 30 charges corrects this problem. Letting the battery run down to the cut-off point in the equipment will do this. If ignored, the fuel gauge will become increasingly less accurate.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2, XV6900, XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Speed_419 is just getting started

Hearing from you all that the bettery (lol) life isn't bad at all is just one more reason why I REALLY want this phone. Why does Big V always have it's head up it's ####?..
Speed...

Currently Running
Mighty ROM SE
Old 09-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

rev800x is becoming a great contributor

Ha ha! "Bettery" That's funny! Shame on me! Anyways, it sounds as though the b-a-t-t-e-r-y (ha!) seems to be better on the TP2. I think my mind has been made up!
Old 09-12-2009, 12:32 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Definitely MUCH better on the TP2. I bought the SEIDIO extended battery for the TP1, and on any given day of average use, I would be down to 60-70% by the time I got home from work.

My stock TP2 battery has also been down to 60-70% at the end of the day, but this has also been a very busy week with unusually high call volumes for me. In fact, I spent a full hour using the speakerphone this morning around 9am.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2