PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Tmobile
Threadstarter

factorx691 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: First Post...T-mobile Touch Pro2 bricked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Did you try this: ?

Press power + start call (green) + end call (red) buttons. Hold them all and press reset button. Keep holding them until you see screen that says to press volume up button to reset.
That's what I meant by master reset (that's how the T-mobile tech referred to it)...I've done it three times; nada. It says press vol up to boot after and still hangs like that.

That line to me indicates that it is due to some kinda of overheating (this is my assumption coming over from the IT world where a line amidst a screen is caused by loose cables or overheating). I also tried leaving the phone on like that for an hour but it died promptly after. In case you can't tell the horizontal line through "stick together" is an error in the picture the screen is supposed to be displaying; and the vertical line towards the bottom of the screen was caused by my stylus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
i love reading these Bricked posts, they are never bricked, the dude 4 posts down always says, nevermind guys, i got it, thanks for ya help.... lol i bet a hard reset fixes it......
I also love how people assume that just because I'm new here means I'm new to Winmo...? or an idiot?

Last edited by factorx691; 09-01-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

He might have pulled the trigger too soon on you. If hard reset didn't fix it then a replacement is probably the only choice. At least you get a second shot at keeping the screen in one piece.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

factorx691 is a n00b

On the subject of screen protectors does Zagg or Clarivue make a better product? or possibly someone else for the TP2?
Old 09-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

I haven't pulled my stock one off my Sprint TP1 but it has scratch lines on the protector itself. I'm sure the screen still looks perfect. Is yours OEM?
Old 09-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

factorx691 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Addiction View Post
I haven't pulled my stock one off my Sprint TP1 but it has scratch lines on the protector itself. I'm sure the screen still looks perfect. Is yours OEM?
Yah mine is the stock/oem protector I believe the scratch is just on the protector itself but I was afraid to look otherwise. Now I really don't care; obviously.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

did you reinstall the stock rom on it?
did you unlock the device using cmonex?
did you try to flash a new rom?
Old 09-02-2009, 10:18 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
i love reading these Bricked posts, they are never bricked, the dude 4 posts down always says, nevermind guys, i got it, thanks for ya help.... lol i bet a hard reset fixes it......
Quote:
Originally Posted by factorx691 View Post
I also love how people assume that just because I'm new here means I'm new to Winmo...? or an idiot?
im gonna stick up for homeboy on top... hes right... if your such a WINMO expert despite your NEWBIE status, youd of known your device isnt bricked...

bricked means it wont even power on... whens the last time you say a brick light up???

and if you can get it in bootloader, why arent u just trying to flash a rom?? at the same time i dont blame you... brand new phone and it messes up, id seek a replacement too.............
..........but its still not bricked lol
Old 09-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

factorx691 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
im gonna stick up for homeboy on top... hes right... if your such a WINMO expert despite your NEWBIE status, youd of known your device isnt bricked...

bricked means it wont even power on... whens the last time you say a brick light up???

and if you can get it in bootloader, why arent u just trying to flash a rom?? at the same time i dont blame you... brand new phone and it messes up, id seek a replacement too.............
..........but its still not bricked lol
If the phone isn't recognized by a PC, cannot be shutdown by the power button and says it's Hard Reset but nothing happens seems like a brick to me. I could use it in a foundation (a weak one) but it serves no other purpose. As to bricks lighting up; depends on what kind brick you mean...If we're talking the kinda you lay mortar to then see 4th of July and some fireworks; if we're talking drugs then that's a bit easier to imagine, no?

Never did I say I was an expert but I am simply stating I'm not a neophyte either.

Last edited by factorx691; 09-03-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

beecee is a n00b

Sorry to hear that. I have a T-Mobile TP2 as well. My serial starts with HT97xxx so if Phone serials are like car VINS then mine was probably manufactured not too long after yours. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

And yes, mine also gets very warm when not being charged as well.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

factorx691 is a n00b

Honestly I just wish I could get a reason so history doesn't repeat itself for me. I still think the Touch Pro2 is one of the better handsets on the market but in the back of my mind I do kinda wish I went with the Dash 3g; being a previous Dash owner. How does T-mobile think offering up a Nokia 3310 as a loaner phone is really going to help someone out who has a smart phone? Seriously!? T-mobile also needs to step their 3g + 4g efforts up if they wish to compete in the US market. Up here in NH I have to hunt for 3G and it's not attainable until I'm right next to the Mass. border.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2