PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-19-2009, 11:16 PM
TomasPistola's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18
Reputation: 30
TomasPistola is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Installed 6.5 on my TP2 (T-Mobile) today...

So far, I like it. Been good and stable. Had to configure the internet on it but no biggie there. Starting to install some mods and apps so I will see how that goes
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2009, 12:47 AM
leanne's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus
Location: Surrey, BC
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 640
Reputation: 1205
leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Installed 6.5 on my TP2 (T-Mobile) today...

Stop bragging Us poor CDMA people aren't unlocked yet
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2009, 10:08 AM
banjoeball's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 272
Reputation: 765
banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball
Re: Installed 6.5 on my TP2 (T-Mobile) today...

......awwww.

come on HSPL!
__________________
JOE ()() BALL
*formerly joeball88*
If I managed to help you out, please hit the 'thanks' Button!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Noir's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,042
Reputation: 2120
Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Installed 6.5 on my TP2 (T-Mobile) today...

which rom are you using and how is the screen estate? any different than tpro 1? what about scroll engine? is it more polished due to screen size?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2009, 10:34 PM
jessiethe3rd's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)
Carrier: Telus
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 188
Reputation: 720
jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd
Re: Installed 6.5 on my TP2 (T-Mobile) today...

yes boasting is all great and all but providing real feed back is a true contributor to the forum.
__________________
Samsung Focus running on the Telus Network... LG Optimus 7 runningo n the Telus Network
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2009, 01:46 AM
TomasPistola's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18
Reputation: 30
TomasPistola is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Installed 6.5 on my TP2 (T-Mobile) today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd View Post
yes boasting is all great and all but providing real feed back is a true contributor to the forum.

Sorry about that. I wasn't really trying to boast. The question put to me was to compare it to the TP1 and I couldn't do that because I didn't have the TP1. What's more is I have a 7 week old son that I have been filling my spare time with. What I can and do say about it (6.5) is that I found it to be very snappy and the navigation with the new start menu to be a vast improvement over the old style. I've seriously considered dropping TF3d off for a while because for once I don't feel like I need/want it to get to things quickly. Maybe 2.5 will change my mind

The screen is beautiful. I've used the G1, the iphone, and numerous smart phones in my life time and I think this one is far and way the best looks wise. And while a capacitive touch screen would have been nice - I've not seen any reason to pull out my stylus other than with the web browser occasionally.

Overall I'd say that Windows Mobile still has a ways to go to catch up with iphone and Android for ease of use. Windows Mobile still isn't in a place where I would/could recommend it to my average customers. But it's moving in the right direction I believe.

Once again. Sorry if I came across as a tease. I was really just excited to have it installed and wanted to share it with my fellow geeks.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 3 times.
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2009, 01:53 AM
jethro_static's Avatar
╚════════════════╝
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,469
Reputation: 3335
jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: Installed 6.5 on my TP2 (T-Mobile) today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasPistola View Post
So far, I like it. Been good and stable. Had to configure the internet on it but no biggie there. Starting to install some mods and apps so I will see how that goes
Post a Youtube video!
__________________
Pls join us at MMAlinker.com. It's the best MMA forum On the Planet.We have a lot of News,Updates and fight videos. We'll See You there.
http://www.mmalinker.com/forum/
Join Us at Facebook as well and meet People thats into MMA like You.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2009, 02:30 AM
jessiethe3rd's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)
Carrier: Telus
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 188
Reputation: 720
jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd
Re: Installed 6.5 on my TP2 (T-Mobile) today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasPistola View Post
Sorry about that. I wasn't really trying to boast. The question put to me was to compare it to the TP1 and I couldn't do that because I didn't have the TP1. What's more is I have a 7 week old son that I have been filling my spare time with. What I can and do say about it (6.5) is that I found it to be very snappy and the navigation with the new start menu to be a vast improvement over the old style. I've seriously considered dropping TF3d off for a while because for once I don't feel like I need/want it to get to things quickly. Maybe 2.5 will change my mind

The screen is beautiful. I've used the G1, the iphone, and numerous smart phones in my life time and I think this one is far and way the best looks wise. And while a capacitive touch screen would have been nice - I've not seen any reason to pull out my stylus other than with the web browser occasionally.

Overall I'd say that Windows Mobile still has a ways to go to catch up with iphone and Android for ease of use. Windows Mobile still isn't in a place where I would/could recommend it to my average customers. But it's moving in the right direction I believe.

Once again. Sorry if I came across as a tease. I was really just excited to have it installed and wanted to share it with my fellow geeks.
THANKS! Just wanted what as above... (BTW - kids are way more important then gadgets...did I just say that????)
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2009, 02:55 AM
-Sin-'s Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Katana
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Baltimore, MD
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 108
Reputation: 85
-Sin- is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to -Sin-
Re: Installed 6.5 on my TP2 (T-Mobile) today...

+1

good info, post a video of youtube, (if possable) this makes prety much just conirmed my suspicion that 6.5 is a worthy update
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2009, 01:05 AM
bigmike69's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: T-Mobile
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
Reputation: 0
bigmike69 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Installed 6.5 on my TP2 (T-Mobile) today...

Where do you get wm 6.5 for tmo tp2?
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com