PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 > Touch > Diamond > TP > TP2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

shtewps is keeping up the good workshtewps is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Auto capital "i" for email, sms, etc.

Man, I cant seem to find this for the life of me. I had the tweak for the TP and I'm trying to locate it again for use on the TP2 (i'm assuming it will work).

Can anyone shed some light here?
Old 08-18-2009, 02:20 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Re: Auto capital "i" for email, sms, etc.

Only way I could get this to work was to turn on XT9 mode on the SIP keyboard. Unfortunately it does more than just capitalize your 'i's. It also does word suggestion / completion. Not sure that's really what you want.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ack, I would sacrifice a lower-case "I" to not have to deal with word suggestions. The TP has a tweak (I believe just a .cab) that corrects only the "i" every time it is typed. I need to scour my data for it.. but I'm not sure if I still have it.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:41 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtewps View Post
Ack, I would sacrifice a lower-case "I" to not have to deal with word suggestions. The TP has a tweak (I believe just a .cab) that corrects only the "i" every time it is typed. I need to scour my data for it.. but I'm not sure if I still have it.
I don't think you need a cab for the TP. I never had an issue with the stock ROM or custom ROM's.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)

jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd

Another minor irritation that I have too... If I could get somethat would JUST capitalize the I's it would be good enough (okay I's and first letter of a new word in a new sentence would be beautiful.)
Old 08-19-2009, 02:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch pro2
Carrier: verizon

bornskilled200 is a n00b

im pretty sure that if you use the supplement.cab from cliquick site (cause im lazy and dont want to find another one) which erases xt9 forever from your phone(until a flash) so that it uses the built in windows auto correction. and from there on you can just configure it how you like. link below

http://www.cliquick.com/sites/defaul...supplement.cab
Old 08-19-2009, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

^ Thanks for the info, ill check that out. All I can say is that I remember this feature being in a .cab for the TP I'm going to see if I can find it today. It didnt interfere with T9 or suggestive words, all it did was capitalize your "i" every time it was typed alone.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

I think I have the cab your looking for but im on my phone send me a PM and I'll send it to you and you can see if its what your looking for.

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 08-19-2009, 11:33 AM

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd View Post
Another minor irritation that I have too... If I could get somethat would JUST capitalize the I's it would be good enough (okay I's and first letter of a new word in a new sentence would be beautiful.)
I'm pretty sure it already capitalizes the first letter of a new sentence e.g. anything after a period. I know this because it also capitalizes the first letter after you type a word wih a period in it e.g. "e.g." or "etc.". It's just the letter 'i' it fails to capitalize. However, this really is no different than it not adding the apostrophe in the word didnt e.g. didn't. This only happens when you switch to XT9 unfortunately. It's all grammar.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtewps View Post
^ Thanks for the info, ill check that out. All I can say is that I remember this feature being in a .cab for the TP I'm going to see if I can find it today. It didnt interfere with T9 or suggestive words, all it did was capitalize your "i" every time it was typed alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
I think I have the cab your looking for but im on my phone send me a PM and I'll send it to you and you can see if its what your looking for.
If you have a cab to do this, please post it up for others to use. I'd really like to have this feature.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2