PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2009, 09:14 AM
pistol44's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 121
Reputation: 40
pistol44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Shortcut to Games folder on new start menu?

Is this even possible? I've tried a dozen different ways including and haven't found success.

Anyone figure it out?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2009, 07:26 PM
CovKid66's Avatar
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Offline
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,504
Reputation: 2685
CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Shortcut to Games folder on new start menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
Is this even possible? I've tried a dozen different ways including and haven't found success.

Anyone figure it out?
Personally I don't use TF3D, but I just tried copying the "Games" folder from Windows\Start Menu\Programs to the same folder but paste a shortcut to it. I was then able to add that to the new Start Menu. When you tap it from the start menu it opens the Games folder in your explorer though. Not sure if that's what you really want, but it gets the job done.
__________________
Current: Samsung O2 I8000L (Alex823 JI1 Lite)
Old: Touch Pro 2 / Touch Pro / Treo Pro / So on, so on...

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2009, 05:30 PM
pistol44's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 121
Reputation: 40
pistol44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Shortcut to Games folder on new start menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Personally I don't use TF3D, but I just tried copying the "Games" folder from Windows\Start Menu\Programs to the same folder but paste a shortcut to it. I was then able to add that to the new Start Menu. When you tap it from the start menu it opens the Games folder in your explorer though. Not sure if that's what you really want, but it gets the job done.
Strange, I tried that but it didn't show up as a shortcut to add. I have managed to get it show up using Resco Explorerand creating the shortcut that way however it gives an error when opening it saying something about it not existing..
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2009, 09:57 PM
CovKid66's Avatar
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Offline
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,504
Reputation: 2685
CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Shortcut to Games folder on new start menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
Strange, I tried that but it didn't show up as a shortcut to add. I have managed to get it show up using Resco Explorerand creating the shortcut that way however it gives an error when opening it saying something about it not existing..
FYI, I used Resco Explorer to do this anyway. Try it again from scratch. Delete whatever shortcut you may have created. Tap and hold the 'Games' folder under Windows\Start Menu\Programs and select Copy. Then I used the Edit | Paste Shortcut menu. It was then visible in the TF3D Start Menu when I clicked on a + spot to add it.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2009, 02:32 PM
pistol44's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 121
Reputation: 40
pistol44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Shortcut to Games folder on new start menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
FYI, I used Resco Explorer to do this anyway. Try it again from scratch. Delete whatever shortcut you may have created. Tap and hold the 'Games' folder under Windows\Start Menu\Programs and select Copy. Then I used the Edit | Paste Shortcut menu. It was then visible in the TF3D Start Menu when I clicked on a + spot to add it.
And yes that will in fact create the shortcut and it will give you the option to add it to the Start Menu. However after it's been added the problem occurs when tapping the Games folder short cut from the menu. It gives an error and says it's either been moved or deleted and that's the problem..
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2009, 04:29 PM
CovKid66's Avatar
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Offline
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,504
Reputation: 2685
CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Shortcut to Games folder on new start menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
And yes that will in fact create the shortcut and it will give you the option to add it to the Start Menu. However after it's been added the problem occurs when tapping the Games folder short cut from the menu. It gives an error and says it's either been moved or deleted and that's the problem..
Odd...as I said, for me it opens the Games folder but in an explorer type window / program. Actually I think it opened it up in Resco Explorer! Perhaps it's because I'm on an older version of Resco???

Can't offer anything else sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2009, 05:26 PM
pistol44's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 121
Reputation: 40
pistol44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Shortcut to Games folder on new start menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Odd...as I said, for me it opens the Games folder but in an explorer type window / program. Actually I think it opened it up in Resco Explorer! Perhaps it's because I'm on an older version of Resco???

Can't offer anything else sorry.
And you're using the Telus TP2??
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2009, 05:46 PM
CovKid66's Avatar
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Offline
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,504
Reputation: 2685
CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Shortcut to Games folder on new start menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
And you're using the Telus TP2??
Yep. And btw I just confirmed that it is Resco Explorer that is launched when I tap on the Games folder that I added to my TF3D Start menu.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-13-2009, 03:51 PM
junkzm3's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26
Reputation: 25
junkzm3 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Shortcut to Games folder on new start menu?

Not sure you are still interested, but I found a solution that is somewhat acceptable:

Create a file with this in it:
21#:MSFEXPLORE \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games
and name it Games.lnk or something

Put that in \Windows\Start Menu\
and you should be able to put that on the TF3D start menu

What this does is go through File Explorer straight to the Games folder
Sometimes it wouldn't work for me strangely (as in nothing launches), but lately it hasn't failed

Attached the exact .lnk that worked on my phone
Attached Files
File Type: zip Games Link.zip (165 Bytes, 21 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by junkzm3; 09-16-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2009, 03:39 PM
SolApathy's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 332
Reputation: 640
SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Shortcut to Games folder on new start menu?

well there is a way to do it somehow with the stock setup (no tweaks). The start menu has an office "folder" that when opened, opens a sub-menu just like you would want.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com