PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2009, 10:09 PM
ranmasaotome510's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 50
Reputation: 35
ranmasaotome510 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Sprint Rhodium (TP2) Possible Confirmation on 3.5mm!

Not an argument whether there is or isn't anymore, cause its been confirmed.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/09/s...eadphone-jack/
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^

(No worries using imageshack for photo, courtesy of engadget though for the evidence)

Last edited by ranmasaotome510; 08-10-2009 at 01:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 6 times.
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2009, 10:12 PM
slopokdave's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 669
Reputation: 450
slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Rhodium (TP2) Possible 3.5mm!

woooooooooooooooooooooooooowwww.... great work!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2009, 10:16 PM
mlin's Avatar
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Offline
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red
Location: Colorado
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,621
Reputation: 2525
mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Rhodium (TP2) Possible 3.5mm!

I like you're style. If you're right, that's awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2009, 10:16 PM
jethro_static's Avatar
╚════════════════╝
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,469
Reputation: 3335
jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: Sprint Rhodium (TP2) Possible 3.5mm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranmasaotome510 View Post
So awhile back there was leaked photos of various carrier roadmaps and what-not. And after reading a phew topics about sprint possibly leaving the 3.5mm headphone jack off, i conducted a little research to see if this well be in fact true.

And it hit me, While we have back and front pictures of the sprint TP2, we don't have any of the corners. BUT, going back to the leaked roadmap pictures, there were indeed shots for every side/corner of the Rhodium. So what i basically did was use an enhanced image enlarger to see if i could notice any plausible hints that there is indeed a 3.5mm headphone jack.

The original (largest res photo i could find) was 712x533


So what do u guys think?
U have an awesome review and I Thank U for taking time to look for posible hints. But the thing is, When the roadmap came out, HTC is not even thinking of a 3.5mm Jack. They said it will be out on the newer models after the last manufactured model without the 3.5mm. So basically, the TP2 that came out really Doesn't have 3.5mm originally. They redid it b4 the release. So there will be no hint on the roadmap images.
__________________
Pls join us at MMAlinker.com. It's the best MMA forum On the Planet.We have a lot of News,Updates and fight videos. We'll See You there.
http://www.mmalinker.com/forum/
Join Us at Facebook as well and meet People thats into MMA like You.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2009, 10:29 PM
ranmasaotome510's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 50
Reputation: 35
ranmasaotome510 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Rhodium (TP2) Possible 3.5mm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
U have an awesome review and I Thank U for taking time to look for posible hints. But the thing is, When the roadmap came out, HTC is not even thinking of a 3.5mm Jack. They said it will be out on the newer models after the last manufactured model without the 3.5mm. So basically, the TP2 that came out really Doesn't have 3.5mm originally. They redid it b4 the release. So there will be no hint on the roadmap images.
You do have a point.
But in my opinion, i find any info that is in anyway leaked or announced is old news to the general public, there is always something going on behind the scenes, i mean if there weren't, what kind of business practice are people using if everything they need to have confidential is available to anyone nowadays?

While the time line of this all seems really erratic, i think it fits correctly to what it couldve been before any press leaks and or releases.

The original TP2 did infact not have the 3.5mm but press leaks of even a TP2 was possibly a good year ago, i believe along side the release of the TP1.

Then first the road map photo leaks before the 3.5mm jack statement well be for specific carriers.

I'm honestly giving the road-map more credit then a statement, cause statements are just words, when a picture can be more credible. But regardless the 3.5mm jack statement is still credible by all accounts because it is a business choice, aka carrier choice whether to have it or not.

So which brings me back to the roadmap, if this roadmap was in fact confidential at high levels, id say id trust the picture more, then a statement (which isn't a direct correlation to sprint at all, since it simply implies that "some" carriers wont have the 3.5mm jack)
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2009, 10:33 PM
ephone1's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: Was Using 6800
Carrier: Was alltel
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 45
Reputation: 25
ephone1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Rhodium (TP2) Possible 3.5mm!

Wow, a 3.5mm jack - what will they think of next? Oh yea, Windows Mobile 6.1 to boot!!!!

The TP 2 is a dead on arrival place holder. Android phones like Hero are the real future for HTC. Microsoft can't get a competitive phone OS out before 2010. Where is Windows Mobile 7? Oh yea, a year too late.

HTC is just putting the last layer of lipstick on this pig to make $. Android is the future. Microsoft is way too late to the party.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2009, 10:35 PM
gTen's Avatar
"The Fuzzy One"
Offline
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Internet
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,855
Reputation: 9080
gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Rhodium (TP2) Possible 3.5mm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
U have an awesome review and I Thank U for taking time to look for posible hints. But the thing is, When the roadmap came out, HTC is not even thinking of a 3.5mm Jack. They said it will be out on the newer models after the last manufactured model without the 3.5mm. So basically, the TP2 that came out really Doesn't have 3.5mm originally. They redid it b4 the release. So there will be no hint on the roadmap images.
Just cause HTC wasn't thinking of it doesn't mean sprint wasn't..such minor alterations as a 3.5mm port sprint could add easy. Also, HTC's plan to include all 3.5mm in future, Sprint and probably all the carriers knew about those plans way before the general public...in large corporations unfortunately it may take even a year for something to take effect.

This of course then debuts the theory of the delay due to the 3.5mm port and the FCC if it were the case.
________
LovelyWendie

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2009, 10:35 PM
jethro_static's Avatar
╚════════════════╝
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,469
Reputation: 3335
jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: Sprint Rhodium (TP2) Possible 3.5mm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranmasaotome510 View Post
You do have a point.
But in my opinion, i find any info that is in anyway leaked or announced is old news to the general public, there is always something going on behind the scenes, i mean if there weren't, what kind of business practice are people using if everything they need to have confidential is available to anyone nowadays?

While the time line of this all seems really erratic, i think it fits correctly to what it couldve been before any press leaks and or releases.

The original TP2 did infact not have the 3.5mm but press leaks of even a TP2 was possibly a good year ago, i believe along side the release of the TP1.

Then first the road map photo leaks before the 3.5mm jack statement well be for specific carriers.

I'm honestly giving the road-map more credit then a statement, cause statements are just words, when a picture can be more credible. But regardless the 3.5mm jack statement is still credible by all accounts because it is a business choice, aka carrier choice whether to have it or not.

So which brings me back to the roadmap, if this roadmap was in fact confidential at high levels, id say id trust the picture more, then a statement (which isn't a direct correlation to sprint at all, since it simply implies that "some" carriers wont have the 3.5mm jack)
Yes I understand that. But U see in this image.


Nothing really gives us a hint that it will have a 3.5mm jack. It's just a blank black rectangular area. U just put a rectangle and circle in there. So If I put just a rectangle in the middle. The ballgame will completely be different.

Last edited by jethro_static; 08-05-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2009, 10:38 PM
ajac's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,496
Reputation: 750
ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Rhodium (TP2) Possible 3.5mm!

The touch pro 2 DOES HAVE A 3.5mm jack STOP ASKING! sorry just after reading it on several forums it gets old!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-05-2009, 10:40 PM
jethro_static's Avatar
╚════════════════╝
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,469
Reputation: 3335
jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: Sprint Rhodium (TP2) Possible 3.5mm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Just cause HTC wasn't thinking of it doesn't mean sprint wasn't..such minor alterations as a 3.5mm port sprint could add easy. Also, HTC's plan to include all 3.5mm in future, Sprint and probably all the carriers knew about those plans way before the general public...in large corporations unfortunately it may take even a year for something to take effect.

This of course then debuts the theory of the delay due to the 3.5mm port and the FCC if it were the case.
Ok ur irrelevant. I am not saying that Sprint TP2 will not put a 3.5mm jack. I am saying that we will not see the hint on the roadmap Bcoz the roadmap was released B4 they thought of putting one in there.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com