PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 09:35 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Increase # of allowed Tabs in TP2 Opera

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabronxboogie View Post
i restared my sprint htc touch pro2 after tryin to add more tabs in my opera and it didnt work. how come?
I posted another work around after that post you tried in this same thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Couldn't get this to work. The procedure seems to work okay, but when you relaunch Opera you still only have two tabs. I found the fix was to edit the Windows\Opera9\opera.ini file (pword works fine as an editor). Scroll down to the [User Prefs] section and locate the "Maximum Allowed Tabs=2" and change it to what ever number you prefer. You will need to soft reset for the change to take effect.
Just to explain that post in a little more detail as I've received questions about it too...

First you'll have to use something like Resco Explorer or Total Commander to browse your device and locate the windows\opera9\opera.ini file. The standard File Explorer will not work because it won't be able to open an INI file. Once you have a file explorer installed that can open INI files, navigate to the Windows folder, then to the Opera9 folder. Then locate the opera.ini file and edit it.

With TotalCommander, simply highlight the file, click on File, then Edit. This will open the opera.ini file in a built-in editor.

When you use Resco Explorer and locate the opera.ini file, tap the file and you'll be asked what you want to open it with...a list will appear. Unfortunately Pocket Word (pword) is not in that list so you'll then click on the Browse button. That will present a list of all applications in the Windows folder. Scroll down until you find "pword" and select it. That will launch Pocket Word and will open your opera.ini file within it so you can edit it.

Once you have the opera.ini file open, scroll down to the [User Prefs] section and locate the "Maximum Allowed Tabs=2". Then change it to what ever number you prefer. Then click on File | Save, then File | Exit. You will need to soft reset for the change to take effect.

There are probably other ways to edit the file. These are the only two I could / would think of.

Hope that helps.

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

vabronxboogie is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabronxboogie View Post
i restared my sprint htc touch pro2 after tryin to add more tabs in my opera and it didnt work. how come?
I posted another work around after that post you tried in this same thread...

Quote:
Couldn't get this to work. The procedure seems to work okay, but when you relaunch Opera you still only have two tabs. I found the fix was to edit the Windows\Opera9\opera.ini file (pword works fine as an editor). Scroll down to the [User Prefs] section and locate the "Maximum Allowed Tabs=2" and change it to what ever number you prefer. You will need to soft reset for the change to take effect.
Just to explain that post in a little more detail as I've received questions about it too...

First you'll have to use something like Resco Explorer or Total Commander to browse your device and locate the windows\opera9\opera.ini file. The standard File Explorer will not work because it won't be able to open an INI file. Once you have a file explorer installed that can open INI files, navigate to the Windows folder, then to the Opera9 folder. Then locate the opera.ini file and edit it.

With TotalCommander, simply highlight the file, click on File, then Edit. This will open the opera.ini file in a built-in editor.

When you use Resco Explorer and locate the opera.ini file, tap the file and you'll be asked what you want to open it with...a list will appear. Unfortunately Pocket Word (pword) is not in that list so you'll then click on the Browse button. That will present a list of all applications in the Windows folder. Scroll down until you find "pword" and select it. That will launch Pocket Word and will open your opera.ini file within it so you can edit it.

Once you have the opera.ini file open, scroll down to the [User Prefs] section and locate the "Maximum Allowed Tabs=2". Then change it to what ever number you prefer. Then click on File | Save, then File | Exit. You will need to soft reset for the change to take effect.

There are probably other ways to edit the file. These are the only two I could / would think of.

Hope that helps.
thanx this really helped alot. at first i was going to switch to the hero because i wasnt satisfied with only 2 tabs in opera. THANX ALOT and i truely mean that
Old 11-20-2009, 02:19 AM
b194331

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications

Hi,

I didn't read the whole thread, but the "stealth internet tethering cab," what does it actually do?

Does it just modify these registry
1. Edit the following regestry entries.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Extension="" Delete the "isext.dll" entry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
ForceCellConnection="Sprint"

and turn off CMGuardian by this
The program running in the background is called "CMGuardian", and
you'll find it in the registry under HKLM/Services/CMGuardian and
HKLM/Services/CMGuaridan

I set the DWORD key "Flags" to 4 in both keys and soft reset.

? I have Sprint and did this is this all I need? What would the cab do?
Old 11-20-2009, 03:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by izuzu
Anyone who wants opera to close when hitting "x" do these mods. It saves memory as well.

Found it over at XDA.

Opera in Task Manager (Thanks to Quarintus)
Code:
  • Go to: HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\ExclusiveList\System
  • There delete Opera9.exe (now it will show in the task manager)

To close opera by pressing the X-button instead of minimizing it follow these steps:(Thanks to Quarintus)
Code:
  • Go to: HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\TerminateProcess
  • There, create a DWORD with the name Opera9.exe value "1"

If i've helped you, please don't forget to hit the thanks.
ive tried to find this. where is the folder and how can i get to it? hcku where can i find that?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd
Hey - I have installed fonts from this posting at XDA and they work fantastic on the TP2! Check'em out... I tried one that changed the look subtly and it works throughout most applications include TouchFlo.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=471604

Enjoy!
i have a sprint touch pro 2 and the fonts didnt work. it kept saying install unsuccessful.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: At&t Tilt 2 (Touch Pro 2)
Carrier: At&t

lordvader is becoming a great contributor

Read http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...60&postcount=2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=19

Quote:
Originally Posted by b194331 View Post
Hi,

I didn't read the whole thread, but the "stealth internet tethering cab," what does it actually do?

Does it just modify these registry
1. Edit the following regestry entries.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Extension="" Delete the "isext.dll" entry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
ForceCellConnection="Sprint"

and turn off CMGuardian by this
The program running in the background is called "CMGuardian", and
you'll find it in the registry under HKLM/Services/CMGuardian and
HKLM/Services/CMGuaridan

I set the DWORD key "Flags" to 4 in both keys and soft reset.

? I have Sprint and did this is this all I need? What would the cab do?

Last edited by lordvader; 11-20-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

ch154996 is a n00b

I have installed a mighty rom on my tp2 can anyone tell me either where i can get the text message to display on the screen or a cab to correct this missing feature??
Old 11-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

[QUOTE=MightyMike;1081873]
Manila Modifications

1) Background For All Pages - Have the same background in every TF3D tab.

2) No Top Curtain - Remove Semi-Transparent curtain on homescreen.

3) No Bottom Curtain - Remove Semi-Transparent curtain on homescreen.

The links to remove the top and bottom curtain are broken.... Anyone have the links to the file?

Also whenever I install the BG4AP cab, I end up with a blank white box between the clock numbers... any fix for that?
Old 11-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post

The links to remove the top and bottom curtain are broken.... Anyone have the links to the file?
Here ya go... No Bottom Curtain, No Top Curtain & No Curtains at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post

Also whenever I install the BG4AP cab, I end up with a blank white box between the clock numbers... any fix for that?
This can be fixed by making your own wallpaper with HD Walls
Attached Files
File Type: cab No Bottom Curtain.cab (2.2 KB, 75 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab TD2 No Top Curtain.cab (33.3 KB, 74 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab No Curtains.cab (764 Bytes, 93 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 11-20-2009 at 07:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cfong is just getting started

Quote:
If you're using a custom ROM running manila 2.5, and not 2.1, then you can look into max manila. It won't add tasks, but it does add a notification bar to the home tab with 4 icons:
  • Call History - press to go to call history page
  • Calendar - shows number of appointments available within 48hrs. Pressing the button will go straight to calendar page
  • SMS/MMS - press to go to SMS page
  • Mail - press to go to mail page
It also allows you to change the clock for several alternative choices. Adds a whole slew of other features too.
Thank you very much Covkid66. I am still pretty new to this phone, so I am just running whatever Manila Sprint put on it. In fact I was wondering why everyone kept mentioning Manila until I opened the file explorer and saw a bunch of files named Manila in \windows.

Still climbing the learning curve......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2