View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 01:15 AM
vabronxboogie
PPCGeeks Regular

vabronxboogie is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabronxboogie View Post
i restared my sprint htc touch pro2 after tryin to add more tabs in my opera and it didnt work. how come?
I posted another work around after that post you tried in this same thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Couldn't get this to work. The procedure seems to work okay, but when you relaunch Opera you still only have two tabs. I found the fix was to edit the Windows\Opera9\opera.ini file (pword works fine as an editor). Scroll down to the [User Prefs] section and locate the "Maximum Allowed Tabs=2" and change it to what ever number you prefer. You will need to soft reset for the change to take effect.
Just to explain that post in a little more detail as I've received questions about it too...

First you'll have to use something like Resco Explorer or Total Commander to browse your device and locate the windows\opera9\opera.ini file. The standard File Explorer will not work because it won't be able to open an INI file. Once you have a file explorer installed that can open INI files, navigate to the Windows folder, then to the Opera9 folder. Then locate the opera.ini file and edit it.

With TotalCommander, simply highlight the file, click on File, then Edit. This will open the opera.ini file in a built-in editor.

When you use Resco Explorer and locate the opera.ini file, tap the file and you'll be asked what you want to open it with...a list will appear. Unfortunately Pocket Word (pword) is not in that list so you'll then click on the Browse button. That will present a list of all applications in the Windows folder. Scroll down until you find "pword" and select it. That will launch Pocket Word and will open your opera.ini file within it so you can edit it.

Once you have the opera.ini file open, scroll down to the [User Prefs] section and locate the "Maximum Allowed Tabs=2". Then change it to what ever number you prefer. Then click on File | Save, then File | Exit. You will need to soft reset for the change to take effect.

There are probably other ways to edit the file. These are the only two I could / would think of.

Hope that helps.
thanx this really helped alot. at first i was going to switch to the hero because i wasnt satisfied with only 2 tabs in opera. THANX ALOT and i truely mean that