PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus
Carrier: Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications

Anyone who wants opera to close when hitting "x" do these mods. It saves memory as well.

Found it over at XDA.

Opera in Task Manager (Thanks to Quarintus)
Code:
  • Go to: HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\ExclusiveList\System
  • There delete Opera9.exe (now it will show in the task manager)

To close opera by pressing the X-button instead of minimizing it follow these steps:(Thanks to Quarintus)
Code:
  • Go to: HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\TerminateProcess
  • There, create a DWORD with the name Opera9.exe value "1"

If i've helped you, please don't forget to hit the thanks.

"True knowledge exists in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates
This post has been thanked 79 times.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Enable ClearType in Landscape mode

In the past I have had problems enabling this hack (TP specifically), because it would screw the colors up. However, it seems to work fine on the TP2, and everything looks a lot better with ClearType on:

To enable ClearType in Landscape mode:

HKLM\System\GDI\ClearTypeSettings\OffOnRotation = 0 (DWORD decimal)

To disable:

HKLM\System\GDI\ClearTypeSettings\OffOnRotation = 1 (DWORD decimal)

Source: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...5_Tweaks_Other
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)

jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd
Red face Re: Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd View Post
I'll simply wait - more tweaking only means I'll have to do a lot more when I reflash with MightyMike's new and improved ROM bliss coming out

Side question... does anyone get irritated when you are on a phone call, the phone screen blanks and the you put the headset back down and it's at the Touchflo home screen again. This is by far the most irritating thing for me because I have to push the answer button again to bring up the dialer and then the keypad onscreen button to get back to the keypad. Just wondering if there is any fix for this.

It would be nice to generally continue in the application which was running after the device screen goes off or the phone goes into suspend after the top button is pushed. I don't recall having this dialer issue with my TouchPro...
The issue with this turns up when I install a translucent theme for the slider... it seems to screw up the dialer / sensor settings. All fixed! Anyone know how to get the Task Manager reinstalled? I had it on my phone and it seems to have disappeared...

BTW - if anyone wants to make Opera default in ALL applications... here's a nice lil app that worked for me.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Opera_Default_REG.cab (8.4 KB, 353 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-16-2009, 03:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by roykarpiuk View Post
I'm still having problems using the Internet Sharing with my macbook. I have the TP2 from Tmobile and the phone already have the internet sharing application pre installed.
I can pair the phone with the macbook using bluethoot. The problem is when I try to connect, it connects to the phone, establish de PPP connection and then is says "authenticating" for couple seconds and then disconnect. I tried *99# as a phone number, I tried leaving user and password blank, then tried using "guest" and "guest" (user and password) but I can't get the "authentication".
I also installed some scripts in the the mac to be used in windows mobile phones and tried with couple different scripts.
Anyone can help?
Thanks
Try the cab file below, its a wireless router for wireless internet sharing. It will allow you to share your Internet Connection as a Wifi HotSpot. Initially the App can by found under Start Menu/Control Panel/Connections.

Change zip to cab...Good Luck
Attachment 39735

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 09-15-2009 at 07:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:45 PM
VIP Member

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by meechieervin View Post
is anyone having trouble with tcpmp it work fine with the touch pro but with the tp2 it keeps freezing up is there a fix for it thanks btw im running stock off of tmobile
Which version do you have, try this one. Let me know if it works for you.

Change zip to cab. Good Luck.
Attachment 39736

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 09-15-2009 at 07:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:07 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
Try the cab file below, its a wireless router for wireless internet sharing. It will allow you to share your Internet Connection as a Wifi HotSpot. Initially the App can by found under Start Menu/Control Panel/Connections.

Change zip to cab...Good Luck
Attachment 39735
here is a version of this program that creates a shortcut in the start menu
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC Wi-Fi Sharing.cab (169.9 KB, 2286 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 16 times.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: TELUS

slaman is becoming a great contributor

Internet sharing is described here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=545174
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

>>>At0mAng Manila 2.5 Slider<<<

Updated 1st page with new slider.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:33 AM
mcom

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
---------- Tobey's Tweaks ----------

Disable SMS Sent Notification - Disables the 'Message Sent' notification after sending a text.

I like having the sent notification on. But there is a registry key I can change that will make it only show in the notification tray, instead of doing the sound, the notification icon and the pop up.

[edit: I found it]
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...d+notification

HOW TO DISABLE THE “DING” NOTIFICATION SOUND FOR SENT SMS
1. Install a registry editor like Resco File Explorer’s add-on registry editor or PHM registry editor.
2. Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER
3. Tap control panel>notifications
4. Tap default
5. Tap options
6. Choose what value will be applicable to you and replace the default number with it (for HTC Diamond, the number was 13, I replaced it with 8 to suit my preference):
0 – show icon
1 – show icon and play notification sound
2 – show icon and vibration
3 – show icon and vibration and play notification sound
4 – same as 0
5 – same as 1
6 – same as 3
7 – same as 3
8 – show icon and notification bubble
9 – show icon and play notification sound and show notification bubble
10 – show icon and notification bubble and vibration
7. If you want to configure how long the notification bubble will stay on the screen, tap on duration instead of options. Change the number there into the number of seconds you want the notification bubble to stay up.

Last edited by briggs; 08-17-2009 at 01:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:46 PM
mcom

Enable Wifi while the phone is in standby. This is good if you use wifi and want to stay signed into msn while hte phone is on standby for example.

<!-- Wifi active during standby-->
<characteristic type="HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ State\Resuming\{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}">
<parm name="Default" value="2" datatype="integer" />
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ State\Suspend\{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}">
<parm name="Default" value="2" datatype="integer" />
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ State\Unattended\{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}">
<parm name="Default" value="0" datatype="integer" />
</characteristic>

found it in this thread;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=401130

Last edited by briggs; 08-17-2009 at 01:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2