PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 07:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
Touch Pro 2 Reviews

Post your reviews here
Old 08-05-2009, 06:28 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Reviews

Anyone? I'm interested in the reviews also since everyone (including me) has had some doubts about it due to the begger screen yet same processor to suck up power, less ram, etc. How are the gfx compared to the touch pro? Is it as laggy? Less? Keyboard delay? Gps lock? Etc.

Let the truth be revealed!! Lol
Old 08-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

It's way quicker and snappier. Keyboard kicks *** over the TP one, GPS lock has been an issue for some.

Graphics are awesome!!

No problems for me at all so far, would not trade back to my TP !
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:24 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

There are tons of reviews out there that do a better and more thorough job than I could! I just read Mighty Mike's review if that helps.

My $0.02?
  • It's a solid, well built device that feels great in the hand. A little heavy, but it just feels perfect in your hand anyway. The curved / rounded corners and back make it seem less of a brick than the Touch Pro (TP from here on in) used to. That device was so square on the corners!
  • The screen is incredible...bright, large, and clear
  • The keyboard is absolutely fantastic...far better than the TP. Much more space between the keys. I had endless typos on the TP and often found myself using the SIP instead
  • No lag when sliding kbd in / out
  • Nice to have a 3.5mm headphone jack finally!
  • Audio quality and loudness seem just fine
  • I like the ever-so-slightly-raised volume buttons. I found the-almost-flush ones on the TP a PITA! Same for the power button
  • Not using TF3D but the Start Menu link to the Programs was a nice touch when I first tried it. I use SPB MobileShell 3.0 and compared to the Touch Pro the extra real estate is a real bonus
  • Battery life seems fine, but it really is too early to tell. I've only had it since yesterday and I'm on vacation right now anyway
  • Loving the tilt feature. Didn't really give it much thought until I started using the device in landscape. Feels great in your hands...really helps keep it balanced
  • Camera seems okay, but never been a fan of phone camera's...I don't buy a phone for it's camera features...I'm an amateur photographer....enough said
  • Thought I'd miss the d-pad but I think it's just something you have to get used to. I find I'm using this in landscape more than I ever used to use my TP anyway
  • Screen seems way more responsive than the TP
  • Definitely seems faster than the TP. No issues with memory. It's snappy
  • No issues with GPS locking like some others seem to be saying
  • Extra stylus length is nice
Seems like HTC have really done their homework with this device. Hats off to them for this one!

Hope this helps!

EDIT # 1: The zoom finger slider just above the hard buttons is a nice touch too. Zoom in and out in Opera, e-mail messages, etc. (Just got around to trying this out!)

EDIT2: Here is a link to an update I compiled now that I'm 3 weeks into using my TP2.

Last edited by CovKid66; 09-15-2009 at 12:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313

What about speakerphone quality and loudness?

Old 08-07-2009, 01:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Is the screen sharper and better looking then the TP and Diamond? Take away that it is larger, does it look better? I know it it has a higher resolution, but the TP has a higher resolution then the iPhone, and I think the iphone screen looks sharper and better. Same thing goes with the Palm Pre. There is just something dated looking about the TP and Diamond screens in my opinion.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Is the screen sharper and better looking then the TP and Diamond? Take away that it is larger, does it look better? I know it it has a higher resolution, but the TP has a higher resolution then the iPhone, and I think the iphone screen looks sharper and better. Same thing goes with the Palm Pre. There is just something dated looking about the TP and Diamond screens in my opinion.
I'm not sure, but is the iPhone's screen glass
Old 08-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

rev800x is becoming a great contributor

I'm very curious to here about battery life. If it will last more then a day on a charge I'll be sold!
Old 08-07-2009, 02:59 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

How is the screen sensitivity in the corners and edges?

TP1 sucks. lol
Old 08-07-2009, 03:35 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
How is the screen sensitivity in the corners and edges?

TP1 sucks. lol
Seems to work just fine in those areas.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2