PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 12:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Jordan55 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint HTC Completely Messed Up!

Hello PPCGEEKS members, just wondering if you guys can help me out a bit. Ok heres the story, one day (today) I noticed that for some damn reason my clock stop. It just showed 9:23 and thats it. So i decided to soft reset it but then I noticed that It got stock on the HTC screen, After soft reseting it 2 more times I decided to hard reset (but then i remembered that the send key is broken) so then I went into bootloader and decided to flash it with one of those energy roms. Heres something else I noticed, when it was updating It went really fast, (1 second per percentage) after it finished its still the same thing. It just doesnt want to get pass the HTC logo. Something else I forgot to mention is that after like a minute or two (in the HTC logo) it turns off and on but still it doesnt get pass the HTC screen.

So if anyone experienced this or knows how to help me, please do. Thanks.

PS: I finally hard reseted it but this didnt solved my problem. Even flashed it again and nothing.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Try flashing the stock rom - but is sounds like you phone is toast. Sorry!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jordan55 is a n00b
Re: Sprint HTC Completely Messed Up!

^^^ Gonna try doing that. But does anyone know how this happened anyway? It was working fine yesterday.

Edit: OK I did that but it didn't work. I even flashed the Sprint Lover's Rom and nothing.

Last edited by Jordan55; 04-16-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I suggest you run Task29 then reflash a rom. Remove your microsd storage card if you have one to eliminate it as a possible cause. Post more info if you can.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:02 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jordan55 is a n00b

^^^ Ran it. Reflashed it. But its still the same problem. To provide you with more details ummm it looks exactly like as if you fail to press the vol down key after task29 and your phone gets stuck on the white screen (clean memory). Actually I think im starting to get what the problem is. (well its a theory) I think that my internal memory is fried cause thats how it looks like. It just gets stuck on that HTC white screen.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Post here what it says on screen when you put it in bootloader.

I assume you have hspl unlocked using the correct unlocker and hopefully you didn't flash a GSM rom and/or GSM radio.

Your initial problem sounds like you could have fixed it by running Clear Storage but too late now I guess.

We need to make sure you have the correct spl, then radio, and then a compatible rom.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jordan55 is a n00b

OK this is what it says:

RHOD400 32M SS-BC
SPL-1.00.OLINEX
MICROP(LED) 0x0A
MICROP(KEY) 0x04
TURBO HW/TURBO SW
TP MFG DATA
500,526 794,851
795,206 205,207
213,844 CALIBRATED

OK thats it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

I assume you have hspl unlocked using the correct unlocker and hopefully you didn't flash a GSM rom and/or GSM radio.

Your initial problem sounds like you could have fixed it by running Clear Storage but too late now I guess.
-My phone already came unlock from the company (sprint). Thats why on bootloader it says 1.00 OLINEX. And no I didnt flash a GSM Rom or Radio.

-The reason why i didnt clear storge (hard reset) at first was because the keys were broken. I tried and tried and nothing.. but then after i flashed it i gave it another try and while pressing the keys really hard i succeeded.

EDIT: Something i notice was that after i use task29 and flashing another rom, Now it doesnt turn off and on.

Last edited by Jordan55; 04-17-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

JimP is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Any chance that the broken key is shorting it out?
Old 04-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jordan55 is a n00b

^^^Don't really think so. I mean I had that broken key for about a year now.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

beginning to sound to me like the internal memory is fried.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2