PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Dinomon1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Urgent: Touch Pro2 WiFi not showing on HP TouchPad Tablet

On my TP2, I have WiFi turned on and WiFi Router turned on. But on my HP Touchpad tablet, it does not show up my TP2 WiFi.. Note: it shows up on my regular laptop. Please help...
Old 08-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: Urgent: Touch Pro2 WiFi not showing on HP TouchPad Tablet

last I learned from reading , the tablets don't support ad hoc networks . its not your phone its the tablet . go search online for your specific tablet and the support for ad hoc networks . I don't have one so I can't sorry
Old 08-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks for quick reply. Is there a work around or hack to fix this? Thanks!!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:26 PM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinomon1 View Post
Thanks for quick reply. Is there a work around or hack to fix this? Thanks!!
well if you know what your doing u can use windows mobile wifi router (costs money) and set up a network that isn't ad hoc . Or you can like I said before check online for the support or hack/fix for your tablet . I gottta go back to work now though hope you get it working !
Old 08-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

how do I use Touch Pro 2's mobile wifi router?
Old 08-29-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
you mean the HTC WiFi router ? I'm not exactly sure . your best bet would be to search online for your tablet . find a forum or something . cause to configure the phone to be an actual router can be confusing .
Old 08-30-2011, 01:20 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb
Quote:
you mean the HTC WiFi router ? I'm not exactly sure . your best bet would be to search online for your tablet . find a forum or something . cause to configure the phone to be an actual router can be confusing .
I think the OP is asking about WMWiFiRouter the app.
OP WMWifiRouter is a paid app that you would purchase. You can download the trial and then pay or just purchase and download on the Marketplace or from the developers site.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I think the OP is asking about WMWiFiRouter the app.
OP WMWifiRouter is a paid app that you would purchase. You can download the trial and then pay or just purchase and download on the Marketplace or from the developers site.
I wasn't sure since he called it touch pro 2 router :P
Old 08-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Does WMWiFiRouter would do the trick to connect my TP2 phone with HP Touchpad?
Old 08-30-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Does WMWiFiRouter would do the trick to connect my TP2 phone with HP Touchpad?
i believe so , as it worked for my PS3 . however its not the easiest thing . you have to configure wmwifirouter to not connect via ad hoc . thus the settings are not automatically configured , which means you have to configure them manually .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2