PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1
Carrier: Sprint

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Call Waiting Tone/Beep missing during active calls

Hey - noticed this on two 6.5 CDMA ROMs I have tried - sharkie / lead ROM CDMA for sprint.

While I am on the active phone call - I will receive an incoming call (call waiting) - I will not hear any sound / tone / beep alerting me there is another call coming in. I will see the end/send key "light up" and that the incoming caller's information displays - but NO TONE.

This is pretty frustrating - can't find where I need to go within phone settings to enable this.

*** I also threw all the stock TP2 default sounds into the /application data /sounds folder

*** Went to Sounds/Notifications > notifications tab - but there is no drop down menu for "call waiting"

*** If I scroll through the sound list - I see the "call waiting tone" and can play it -

I had a friend call me from a landline to test this out while on their mobile. Still no incoming call waiting tone when on the initial active call.

looked at registry : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\CallWaiting
and sound set to "callwait.wav" , Script "apr" , category "incall"

p.s. - I have system and ringer sounds set to maximum. All other notifications, incoming ring tone, data connection, new sms, voicemail have been working.

What to do?

Last edited by vancomycin; 06-29-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: Call Waiting Tone/Beep missing during active calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancomycin View Post
Hey - noticed this on two 6.5 CDMA ROMs I have tried - sharkie / lead ROM CDMA for sprint.

While I am on the active phone call - I will receive an incoming call (call waiting) - I will not hear any sound / tone / beep alerting me there is another call coming in. I will see the end/send key "light up" and that the incoming caller's information displays - but NO TONE.

This is pretty frustrating - can't find where I need to go within phone settings to enable this.

*** I also threw all the stock TP2 default sounds into the /application data /sounds folder

*** Went to Sounds/Notifications > notifications tab - but there is no drop down menu for "call waiting"

*** If I scroll through the sound list - I see the "call waiting tone" and can play it -

I had a friend call me from a landline to test this out while on their mobile. Still no incoming call waiting tone when on the initial active call.

looked at registry : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\CallWaiting
and sound set to "callwait.wav" , Script "apr" , category "incall"

p.s. - I have system and ringer sounds set to maximum. All other notifications, incoming ring tone, data connection, new sms, voicemail have been working.

What to do?
this is definately not a settings issue , this is found in the registry .. which i think you have set correct . let me cross check it with my phone and get back to you .
Old 06-30-2011, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this as I couldn't figure out what the issue was causing this. This was a big missing feature... so I re-flashed back to my stock 6.5WM ROM until some more clarification or comments can be made on that -

my call waiting tones are working when flashing back to the stock sprint 6.5ROM with Task29 prior.

Last edited by vancomycin; 06-30-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancomycin View Post
I'm looking forward to hearing more about this as I couldn't figure out what the issue was causing this. This was a big missing feature... so I re-flashed back to my stock 6.5WM ROM until some more clarification or comments can be made on that -

my call waiting tones are working when flashing back to the stock sprint 6.5ROM with Task29 prior.
I'll flash back to stock and do some digging around for ya , i have my own issue i wanna test out on the stock ROM too . so i'll be sure to check into this issue for you !
Old 08-02-2011, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ugh - this issue is still there after trying all the roms and stock :/

Can anyone grab/upload their callwait.wav for sprint and post it here perhaps?

I called HTC today, and they finally mentioned it is not a phone issue but a network carrier issue where the tone is actually transmitted to my device; in this case by sprint.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Finally confirmed problem - wanted to update issue : (I am not sure if this might be relative to other carriers, but definitely for Sprint and specifically the "Airvana 2nd generation")

1. Call waiting tones (the beep you hear when on an active call) when someone else calls are transmitted/generated from your carrier's network end.

2. I was not receiving this at home. I was also connected to an airvana unit. It is sprint's network antenna booster. They have 2 generations of this device - one made by samsung (which only handled voice) - the second called "airvana - which handles voice and 3g data)

1st generation airave when activating MAC - allowed network tones to be transmitted.

2nd generation did not work in that regards. Reason : Found out sprint has a list of phones that have known issues to this 2nd generation, and HTC TP2 is one of them.

When out of the airvana network, the TP2 Sprint edition worked
When on the 1st generation airave (samsung) - TP2 call waiting works.

When on the 2nd generation airvana (TP2 call waiting ***does NOT work)

Hope this clarifies -

If you have a device and have noticed this lack of call waiting, contact airvana support at : +1-866-556-7310 (United States) to see if your device is on the list.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2