PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 03:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Us Cellular

lioncat55 is keeping up the good worklioncat55 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tethering problems

after seeing a few times where people have there TP2 and/or TP going non stop tethering (some with fans on them =O ). i am wanting to know what kind of setting they have set up to get that to happen.

my problem is this, any time i do any kind of tethering wifi/usb/bt useing bulit in and side programs my connection drops at worst it takes a reset at best i redo the tether, in android i could do wifi tethering just fine how ever that program no longer works and it would restart at random.

if there is any thing i am missing or any thing i can try it would be much help thank you
Old 06-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: tethering problems

couple of questions:

1. Assuming you are on Stock ROM since no reference to a custom ROM in your post.
2. When the connection drops, is your screen going blank? Common issue when tethering is the device turning off and it drops the connection. There is a cab floating around from Ninja Duck that turns off sleep so that wifi tethering does not drop when the device goes to sleep (turns the sleep off so the device cannot sleep automatcially after a certian time). Gives you an Enable/Disable button to turn this on and off as you wish.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 06-13-2011, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

guess i should have said i am running MightyRom SE as for your second question i have turned the screen timout off it never dims i will look for the turning sleep off cab to see if it dose any thing, as for my connection droping it gives me the #777 error

sorry for leaving so much info out
Old 06-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Not sure about MightROM SE. I usually am on Nrgz roms so might be some differences there.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

It may be happening because the signal strength you are getting is low. There may be another app or service like email or gps that is interrupting the connection causing the drop.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i will check my signal. i just did a hard reset the other night.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

could be a few things

1) battery overheating and phone shutting off as a safety precaution.
2) signal may be weak and faded due to tower renovation (that's been my case for the past 4 months and is just now beginning to show improvement).
3) someone sends u a text or tries to call u, that could cause a drop in signal. elesbb has a script that blocks texts and there's an option that blocks incoming calls.
4) WiFi or BT signal could be under interference
5)USB cable is shorted/shortening out.

Last edited by eric12341; 06-15-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

treeboy is a n00b

I'm using a stock ROM with WMWiFiRouter v. 2.00. The settings I needed to do were to disable the Battery Mode so the program won't shut down based on battery level or temperature and to switch the Power level to Full Power. After these setting changes I stay tethered for about 8 hour stints sometimes longer before the phone freezes and I have to reset.
PPC 6800, TPII
Westport, CA
Old 06-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

it seems like you have over heating problems .. as your issues seem to reflect mine . and then I put my phone flat on a desk so that the heat can transfer to the table or desk .
Old 06-27-2011, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 and 6700
Carrier: T-mobile and Sprint

axthereo is a n00b

I'm using the Energy Rom, and didn't make any settings changes once I installed it. Well, I take that back, I did add WinMo Speed, clocked at 729.6MHz.

I launch the Wifi Router software that is included, power it through the power adapter and it just goes and goes and goes .. on 2-3 bars, T-mobile. I've used it for at least 3+ hours straight, and have not had an issue. I've had text and emails come through while I was connected through it, working and no connection drops. I like this ROM a lot... it's stable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2