PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help please :/

How can i make an EXT package into a CAB ? I was able to do some with no problem but when inside an EXT package you have a folder with the .dll extention , and then inside that you have imageinfo.bin , when adding those files to a CAB it doesnt actually create the .dll it only puts the files onto the device ..
Old 06-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Help please :/

bump ... anyone have any idea ? I still can't figure it out ..
Old 06-06-2011, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
How can i make an EXT package into a CAB ? I was able to do some with no problem but when inside an EXT package you have a folder with the .dll extention , and then inside that you have imageinfo.bin , when adding those files to a CAB it doesnt actually create the .dll it only puts the files onto the device ..
Yeah, you need to recmod the EXT package. That will convert the .dll folder (module) back into a system usable DLL for cabbing purposes.

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 06-06-2011 at 11:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Yeah, you need to recmod the EXT package. That will convert the .dll folder (module) back into a system usable DLL for cabbing purposes.
thanks scrosler !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:42 AM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Did you get it to work?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Did you get it to work?
yes I was able to recmod it and turned the .dll folder into a file . but I have yet to get the cab to work .. the packages I am trying to cab up are the sprint dm dm client app and the sprint dm dm client lib .
Old 06-09-2011, 11:30 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
yes I was able to recmod it and turned the .dll folder into a file . but I have yet to get the cab to work .. the packages I am trying to cab up are the sprint dm dm client app and the sprint dm dm client lib .
CABS can be tricky at times. Why exactly are you trying to CAB those?
Old 06-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
CABS can be tricky at times. Why exactly are you trying to CAB those?
I'm trying to make a cab for the sprint update prl , profile , and firmware . I have searched this forum for it and also google and they put the exe programs on the device and they run but they never actually do anything . so I started goofing off with my kitchen and creating various builds to find the specific packages needed to make it work . and those two are needed . in my cab manager , there is a spot for pre and post xml codes ..do I need to maybe incorporate that in with the cab to get it to work ? I'm pretty sure the files are going into the windows directory when I build the ROM from my kitchen . so I don't think location is what's keeping it from working
Old 06-10-2011, 01:29 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I'm trying to make a cab for the sprint update prl , profile , and firmware . I have searched this forum for it and also google and they put the exe programs on the device and they run but they never actually do anything . so I started goofing off with my kitchen and creating various builds to find the specific packages needed to make it work . and those two are needed . in my cab manager , there is a spot for pre and post xml codes ..do I need to maybe incorporate that in with the cab to get it to work ? I'm pretty sure the files are going into the windows directory when I build the ROM from my kitchen . so I don't think location is what's keeping it from working
Ok, let me try to understand your needs better before I can give any advice...

1. You have a kitchen that does not support the sprint apps for PRL, Profile, etc? Or The kitchen does have these modules and you have removed them in hopes of creating a more generic ROM with the intent to CAB the modules for later installation by the ROM user?

2. What kitchen is this? Did you make the kitchen or is it someone elses kitchen? What version of WM are you using in the kitchen?

Answer those questions and I might be able to give you better guidance....

But in response to the questions / statements you made above....

Pre and Post XML codes would normally be scripting for the CAB that is done before / after install. Proabably NOT needed in this scenario.

Yes, all files go to \windows\ when ROM is built. But also keep in mind that provisioning (very similar to the pre and post XML noted above) is done when a ROM is first ran after a fresh install / hard reset which can "move" files from the \windows\ location to a location like \program files\app name\ but this a whole diff ball game.

I hope I didn't muddy the waters here but let me know if am assessing your goal properly.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Ok, let me try to understand your needs better before I can give any advice...

1. You have a kitchen that does not support the sprint apps for PRL, Profile, etc? Or The kitchen does have these modules and you have removed them in hopes of creating a more generic ROM with the intent to CAB the modules for later installation by the ROM user?

2. What kitchen is this? Did you make the kitchen or is it someone elses kitchen? What version of WM are you using in the kitchen?

Answer those questions and I might be able to give you better guidance....

But in response to the questions / statements you made above....

Pre and Post XML codes would normally be scripting for the CAB that is done before / after install. Proabably NOT needed in this scenario.

Yes, all files go to \windows\ when ROM is built. But also keep in mind that provisioning (very similar to the pre and post XML noted above) is done when a ROM is first ran after a fresh install / hard reset which can "move" files from the \windows\ location to a location like \program files\app name\ but this a whole diff ball game.

I hope I didn't muddy the waters here but let me know if am assessing your goal properly.
Yes the kitchen is fine . there is nothing wrong with the kitches . i just have OMADM UI dissabled . as i am making a barebones ROM . all i want to do is cab up the required packages for the Sprint PRL etc .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2