PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

machek is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
opera mini problem with home page at start

Everytime I start Mini opera it passes the quicklink page, and then goes to http://0.0.0.0/home. I get a page that loads that says invalid adress... Is there any way to change this from happening. I've searched like crazy, asked this before and never had an answer. I remember seeing that there is a way to access Opera settings through a website, but I believe that was only with regular Opera, unless it works with this too. Problem is I dont remember the web page, or where i saw that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: opera mini problem with home page at start

Quote:
Originally Posted by machek View Post
Everytime I start Mini opera it passes the quicklink page, and then goes to http://0.0.0.0/home. I get a page that loads that says invalid adress... Is there any way to change this from happening. I've searched like crazy, asked this before and never had an answer. I remember seeing that there is a way to access Opera settings through a website, but I believe that was only with regular Opera, unless it works with this too. Problem is I dont remember the web page, or where i saw that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Humm, I haven't seen that before. What Rom are you running and what version of Opera mini?

Old 03-31-2011, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Version 5.1.21594

And I'm running a stock verizon rom on 6.5. I think it has something to do with a webpage that is supposed to load by default on verizon.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Interesting. I am on Verizon, albeit with a Custom Rom, and Opera Mini5 is my browser of choice for most things. It works really well. Hopefully we can get that working for you!!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I've used it forever and love it, just that part of it is annoying. I usually just hit back and it goes to the quick start page. It just always looks like its broken when I start it, and would rather have it work correctly.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:39 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

That is so strange. When I start Opera Mini it just starts to the quick links page. Maybe some here have seen what you are seeing before...
Old 04-01-2011, 12:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by machek View Post
The settings link is "opera:config"... it won't do much in mini though. Have you tried to un-install/re-install, or maybe a different version of mini?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Can you just reset your home page to the one you want?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Can you just reset your home page to the one you want?

I thought of that too, but I cant figure out how to set it in miniopera. Is there a way to do it that someone knows how?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Hmm...I don't use mini but isn't there a settings area like where you set bookmarks?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2