PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
asurion or warrenty claim?

I have an issue .. and this really bites .

My beloved tp2 is sick and no doc can fix it . ive been experiencing random SOD on EVERY ROM out there . not to mention the USB plug is shot . only charges . no pc connection . it is still covered under warranty , ive only had it at least a month . The thing is .. i was walking in the rain the one day and it got SOD so i took the cover off to reset , i just remove the battery , and you know whats right there , when you take the cover off .. yeah the moisture sensor , believe it or not a SINGLE drop of rain hit the sensor , i tried drying it before it changed colours but it didnt work .. the sensor on the battery is still perfect .. to get a new TP2 must i pay 100 bucks for the asurion claim or am i able to "sweet talk" the guys at sprint ? this really sucks . ive been holding out on getting a new one cause of this . but my phone is completely shot . it wont wake up period . and i need it to its my alarm .lol
Old 02-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: asurion or warrenty claim?

Yikes! Only a month old and you are having all those issues with it? So sorry to hear about that! :'(

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I had a similiar issue where I took the cover off in the rain and the moisture sensor got wet. The rest of the phone was fine. I then had USB issues about 6 months later. I knew the techs at the sprint store would automatically decline my claim based on the moisture sensor so I did the only thing I could think of.... I took it off. Yep, took the moisture sensor off of the phone and they didint say a word about it. They did however take the phone apart to look for internal moisture damage which of course there was none. After doing so they ordered me a brand new TP2 which I got a couple days later.

Whatever you decide to do... Good luck....

-Scott

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Do what scrosler did but definitely take it in to a sprint store. Don't just file a claim with Asurion and send it in because you will probably have to pay the deductible and you'll probably get a refurb.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:18 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

if the store does not help, you can always call customer services and let them know that your phone is wigging out on you. the first time i replaced my tp2 (banding on the screen), the rep just sent out a replacement...but you also spin the wheel on whether you'll get a new or refurb unit.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks everyone ! im gonna do what scrosler did , thanks for that scott !! hopefully it works !! im surprised they didnt ask about it .. but anyhow im gonna do that and hopefully it works !!

@tinkerbell, yeah i was mistaken , its like 3ish months old .. lol i wasnt thinking right .. oh well :P but thanks for your concern
Old 02-22-2011, 06:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
thanks everyone ! im gonna do what scrosler did , thanks for that scott !! hopefully it works !! im surprised they didnt ask about it .. but anyhow im gonna do that and hopefully it works !!

@tinkerbell, yeah i was mistaken , its like 3ish months old .. lol i wasnt thinking right .. oh well :P but thanks for your concern
If they ask why its gone say that you change your SD card alot and it must have fallen off while doing that. Thats what I was going to say anyways ;c)
Old 02-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Threadstarter

awesome !!! thanks scott !!! you rock !!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:49 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

speaking of sd cards... I think every report I've seen of someone who had the SOD and no longer does, reformatted or changed cards.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:20 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

If you get SODs no matter what ROM you try, hows it youve come to the conclusion its the device and not something YOUR doing when you set it back up??

regardless, ALWAYS try sprint first... theres no reason ever not to.. worst thing they can do is say no.. thats it...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2