PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung X475>MotoROKR Z6m>Touch Diamond>TouchPRO 2
Carrier: Cingular>Verizon>ATT(current)

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SD Format Error???

My SD card will not format for some reason. It gives me an error. "the storage card has been damaged and unable to be formatted." the last time i formatted my SD was through windows. Could this be why? Perhaps I have it formatted with the wrong file sys or allocation size? The only way i can reformat it now is through windows.

However it is odd that I can delete and save files to it through File explorer as well as access it as a Mass storage device when connected to windows.

I have had these issues on several ROMs.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 XV6875
Carrier: CMCC

alva is a n00b
Re: SD Format Error???

me too with Energy's rom, but several months earlier it is ok.
i also formated by Windows 7, and it works fine both pc and phone.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro2
Carrier: sprintless

touch-this-pro is just getting started

have you tried to format it with Resco file explorer? you may have better luck with this.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:22 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTSFx
My SD card will not format for some reason. It gives me an error. "the storage card has been damaged and unable to be formatted." the last time i formatted my SD was through windows. Could this be why? Perhaps I have it formatted with the wrong file sys or allocation size? The only way i can reformat it now is through windows.

However it is odd that I can delete and save files to it through File explorer as well as access it as a Mass storage device when connected to windows.

If you put your card in an adapter/card reader and insert it into a sd slot or connect it to a usb port use your pc to format it fat32 using the standard long format not the quick format option. Then put it back in your device and see if you can write and read from it. If so good. If not you have a bad card.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTSFx View Post

Use the HP USB Format Tool. Works better than the standard windows program.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Consider giving SD Formatter a try. It has worked great here in quick mode / standard cluster size on many SD and SDHC cards when other formatters failed.

SD Formatter 3.0 (Beta) for SD/SDHC/SDXC - SD Association

Best to all,
R

*Sprint TP2 with a solid 6.5.x ROM by Vin255764 & Radio 2.32.00WU
Old 01-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung X475>MotoROKR Z6m>Touch Diamond>TouchPRO 2
Carrier: Cingular>Verizon>ATT(current)
Threadstarter

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alva View Post
me too with Energy's rom, but several months earlier it is ok.
i also formated by Windows 7, and it works fine both pc and phone.
Thats crazy because I have been using Energy's. I flash from Energy to stock though and it wouldn't work on stock!!! Idk not the big of a deal as i said before. Read/write works fine on it. Just reformatting tool refuses to work. And i thought it may be because of wrong file sys. Im about to try the suggested fixes. Thanks all for responding.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2