PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 11:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is Sprint Asurion offering these days for TP2?

Long story short Sprint says one of my lines phone has water damage and won't fix the keyboard. You can look under the battery cover and the one outside is red. Look on the battery and through the little hole to the main board and the sticker is fine. I am not dealing with these yoyo's at the store. Figure I will just call Asurion...I am hoping they don't give out a TP2 anymore...had way too many TP1s and TP2s with keyboard issues and oil screen issues.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: What is Sprint Asurion offering these days for TP2?

still giving out the TP2 as they arent ****suckers like VZW is whom offer underpowered phones
Old 01-01-2011, 12:51 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

If you're lucky, a brand new tp2.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This is what they offered me

Old 01-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Dear Everybody,

The insurance program is not a "trade-up" program. I know that we have had the luxury of being babied by Asurion/Sprint alike, with going from the 6700 to 6800, 6800 to 6850 and from the 6850 to the 6875. Some of us out there have gone ahead and taken the plunge and gone over to Android with the EVO, will there be something else available for the EVO at some point? Maybe, no time soon though.

The premium you pay allows customers the luxury of receiving a device without having to pay retail for a new device. Even when it's deemed necessary that we pay the deductible. $7/mo=$84/yr, the deductible is $100, if you were allowed the TP2 at no cost from a TP even as late as a year ago you're only in for $184. Cash money phones, even the most "economical" start at $219.99 MSRP.

With all that being said, there may still be a possibility that Asurion/Sprint may be putting people into the HTC Pro7, why? Because, it's not a jump in technology. The specs are virtually the same, the operating system is new, but not staggering. Specifications are what are taken into account, so, no 4G phones. (Don't quote me on this paragraph, it's just a possibility. It may not happen, at some point you're going to have to sign a new contract. Whether it's with Sprint or one of it's competitors)

Thanks for letting me air this out! I work for a "preferred" retailer of Sprint's and get to hear day-in and day-out customers ask "this is my 3rd, 4th, 5th......phone, what phone do I get?" "Sir/Ma'am, you will receive the phone covered by the insurance program, which is whatever device is registered to your phone # at the time of the claim or something comparable" and comparable could be many things, not what you deem is proper for you to receive.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
Long story short Sprint says one of my lines phone has water damage and won't fix the keyboard. You can look under the battery cover and the one outside is red. Look on the battery and through the little hole to the main board and the sticker is fine. I am not dealing with these yoyo's at the store. Figure I will just call Asurion...I am hoping they don't give out a TP2 anymore...had way too many TP1s and TP2s with keyboard issues and oil screen issues.
My question is, where do you live? Here in florida they can't go on the stickers alone about water damage. The moisture indicators are exactly what they are "indicators". Here they have to find other water visuals like water or moisture under the lcd or inside phone. If they don't then the warranty is still in tact. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 01-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrlude View Post
With all that being said, there may still be a possibility that Asurion/Sprint may be putting people into the HTC Pro7, why? Because, it's not a jump in technology. The specs are virtually the same, the operating system is new, but not staggering. Specifications are what are taken into account, so, no 4G phones. (Don't quote me on this paragraph, it's just a possibility. It may not happen, at some point you're going to have to sign a new contract. Whether it's with Sprint or one of it's competitors)***
You've been quoted!! LOL!!

IF (they run out of TP2s) && (Sprint picks up the P7)
THEN MAYBE.

Time will tell...

I'm not willing to pay $20 more AND lose my 25% discount on a SERO500 at this point. That's 27.50/month more + the cost of a 4G phone.

Sorry Sprint...I'm gonna keep my perk-o-lated plan & my TP2 until it's worth it (for me).

Old 01-01-2011, 11:56 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrlude View Post
With all that being said, there may still be a possibility that Asurion/Sprint may be putting people into the HTC Pro7, why? Because, it's not a jump in technology. The specs are virtually the same, the operating system is new, but not staggering. Specifications are what are taken into account, so, no 4G phones. (Don't quote me on this paragraph, it's just a possibility. It may not happen, at some point you're going to have to sign a new contract. Whether it's with Sprint or one of it's competitors)
Sprint will NOT be giving Wp7 devices for TP2s..... your dreaming... HTC Pro 7 will be a flagship device for Sprint..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post

&& (Sprint picks up the P7)
THEN MAYBE.

I'm not willing to pay $20 more AND lose my 25% discount on a SERO500 at this point. That's 27.50/month more + the cost of a 4G phone.
"and sprint picks up the p7"???......... you miss the announcement or something, Sprint is 100% getting the P7.. especially since the P7 was the only CDMA WP7 device shown at launch AND its Sprint branded...

you SERO people are a trip, like you have some birth right to ridiculously cheap plans.... "oh no, my bill might reach $50/month, what ever shall I do".. its just funny to read all SERO cust comments as you guys squeel at the idea of switching phones and plans some day... its quite amusing..

and btw, your 25% discount can be put on just about any plan..
Old 01-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Sprint will NOT be giving Wp7 devices for TP2s..... your dreaming... HTC Pro 7 will be a flagship device for Sprint..
True, that it will be a "flagship" device, but as it stands the TP2 is the current "flagship" device on the WinMo side of things, as well as being a "World" phone. As the Pro7 comes available, the TP2 will be EOLed, it has seen a life span of more than 2 years!

As with anything, time will tell.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:08 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

this man must not realize they are still giving out sprint moguls and touches thru asurion.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2