PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: vzw

rbyham is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I edit/mod the windows default today screen?

Since VZW MR3 update I am really lovin' this phone. The update totally fixed the camera and left me with sense 2.5. But I am a minimalist and speed freak. With windows default i get both.

But like the rest of us, I still find myself looking for MORE! Here is my question:

Can I mod the windows default today screen? For example can I set the "favorites" option to open Opera Mini or Opera Mobile instead of IE?

TIA!
Old 12-31-2010, 02:00 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Can I edit/mod the windows default today screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbyham View Post
Since VZW MR3 update I am really lovin' this phone. The update totally fixed the camera and left me with sense 2.5. But I am a minimalist and speed freak. With windows default i get both.

But like the rest of us, I still find myself looking for MORE! Here is my question:

Can I mod the windows default today screen? For example can I set the "favorites" option to open Opera Mini or Opera Mobile instead of IE?

TIA!
Opera should already be the default browser

use the DefaultOperaRemover(attached, itll remove IE still).. then just install whatever browser and itll take its place.... **if i remember right, the screenshots for fav links wont show until you load it once completely in IE though**

also Opera 10, asks if you wanna make it default on install... if your planning on using O10
Old 01-04-2011, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work

Assuming by "Windows default" you mean Titanium - there are many mods available, just google up "Titanium plugins". I recently switched from Sense to Titanium, using Favorite People, CLauncher (in combo with Wktask), JLStocks and Titanium Weather plugins I get all the useability with much less overhead - 105 mb ram on startup after disabling Htc start menu and replacing it with Quickmenu. And if you like eye candy there's a few very nice skins with clock etc (personally, I still find Titanium original clean look refreshing, after Sense clutter)
Old 01-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba View Post
Assuming by "Windows default" you mean Titanium - there are many mods available, just google up "Titanium plugins". I recently switched from Sense to Titanium, using Favorite People, CLauncher (in combo with Wktask), JLStocks and Titanium Weather plugins I get all the useability with much less overhead - 105 mb ram on startup after disabling Htc start menu and replacing it with Quickmenu. And if you like eye candy there's a few very nice skins with clock etc (personally, I still find Titanium original clean look refreshing, after Sense clutter)
too much trouble just flash LEAD ROM it has 105mb RAM on start up.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
too much trouble just flash LEAD ROM it has 105mb RAM on start up.
And if you disable sense you get 120MB on startup!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
And if you disable sense you get 120MB on startup!
doesn't matter it still builds up over use, we need better RAM cleaners.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: vzw
Threadstarter

rbyham is becoming a great contributor

thanks folks am trying some of these options but it seems almost whatever direction you go in you eventually run into ram leak
Old 01-07-2011, 11:06 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbyham View Post
thanks folks am trying some of these options but it seems almost whatever direction you go in you eventually run into ram leak
Are your talking about winMO standard homescreen or titanium??? because ive seen a TON of different titanium mods and RAM never really seems to be an issue

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
lol, stupid n00b