PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Boost Mobile

quickbird144 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 on Boost. What do I do If I want to sell to somebody else with Boost?

As title says. Would I just need to deactivate the phone on my account, then he give them the ESN provided and then they walk him through the EPST settings for his number? He already has an account with them. Is this as simple as I think, or am I missing something?
Old 12-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Boost

Mort Goldman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: TP2 on Boost. What do I do If I want to sell to somebody else with Boost?

Yes, put another phone on your Boost account and the TP2 will automatically be off it.

When calling in (and he needs to call in since it's a Sprint phone), he'll need the ESN/MEID number...the one starting with 286 or 270.

Once the phone is on his account, it will need to be manually programmed. Depending on the CS rep, some know what you mean when you say "it's a used phone, and I need to manually program it" and some don't.

They will give you an MSL number which is ##xxxxxx#...write it down, then type it in. Then, they'll give you the MSID/IMSI number which is his area code but a different number. Input his phone number in the MDN blank...hit save or ok or whatever it is...let the phone restart.

That's it! Calling at night or on the weekends helps your chances immensely. If a rep won't do it, call back. HowardForums' Boost CDMA section has the answers to any other questions you may have
Old 12-25-2010, 12:27 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: TP2 on Boost. What do I do If I want to sell to somebody else with Boost?

moved, merry x-mas

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2