PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why do iPhone text show up as MMS?

Noticed recently that the texts sent by my iPhone toting friends have been showing up as MMS on my TP2.

Has anyone also noticed this?
Old 12-13-2010, 11:36 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Why do iPhone text show up as MMS?

are they long messages? or its every txt?
Old 12-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
are they long messages? or its every txt?
Every text, it appears lately.

Not sure if it's a systems compatibility or user error.
I've never used an iPhone before so I am not sure what the GUI is like.

My sister has an ATT iPhone also & her text comes over normally on most occasions.
But my friends' are predominantly MMS. Weird.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:13 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

my boss had an iphone 3 & 4 and I never got a mms when he txt'd. I'm guessing it's how your friend is sending the txt.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

never happend to me,just with long texts.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

This just started happening to me. I broke my TP2 and in the meantime i've been using a blackberry, now my friends texts show up as MMS 90% of the time from an iphone 3gs. i've never seen this from my other friend that has an iPhone4 though...i think its off and on
Old 12-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

maybe its an AT$T thing. my ex who has AT$T doesnt even get my txts unless i send them as MMS. that carrier has too much problems vs how much ppl are paying them.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is funny, since iPhones users couldnt send MMS's for the longest time lol. maybe AT&T is making up for lost time?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:16 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

idk the real answer here if its on every text... and i really dont have a good working knowledge of iPhones either.. i know noone with one..

I know that like with MetroPCS though, if you SEND a text above a certain number of characters it automatically turns it into a MMS message.... atleast thats how an ex's phone worked - i hated it because she always sent long messages lol..

but like i said if its happening on every message, then this probably isnt it..

you also need to factor in what the friend using to send the messages even... If its a 3rd party app(like iphone has 100s of) then it may be a client with enhanced messaging and/or theres just compatibility issues(maybe its a client more geared toward iPhone>iPhone users(like how android uses the Android Smilies but only Android users see them)... never know

lots of factors in here Id say, too many to just have a simple solution
Old 12-15-2010, 02:16 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I almost wonder if it could have something to do with the spectrum swap.
since I havnt' had time to read the white papers on it, i could be way off. idk..
back in the day ATT / gsm was the only one that could do voice and sms simultaneously.. maybe their just going to switch all that to lte.
could be as simple as server upgrades rerouting messages.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2