PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: boost

aycaramba is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Htc touch pro 2 ii on boost not sending mms only!

Ok, I arived at this site by entering the info on the subject line at a search engine, and got here. Now, I have spent about 4 to 6 hours between searching, reading and installing cab files, and changing stuff at the registry, and quite honestly, am very frustrated, so I turn to some of the experts around here for some help, and advice. I bought this phone new, out the box this Spring, and had a guy flash it to Boost. I know it has the SPB on it, and that's all I know. I can receive MMS quite okay, and send/receive SMS, and emails as well. I just can't send MMS. I tried sending MMS to my wife, and I see the message, with the picture attachment on my texts thread, but the recipient never gets it! Believe me, I have installed the following cabs: BOOSTMMSFIX, Remove_PictureMail_&_Arcsoft, Arcsoft_5_2_8_45_WVGA_Hybrid, Boost ArcSoft Threaded MMS 5.2.12.45, ArcSoft_Hybrid_Boost_Fix, sdkcerts 1, Boost ArcSoft MMS 5.0.69.25. I feel like I am spinning my wheels here. HELP! I do appreciate good help, and I will add a thank you to whomever can help me resolve this here issue.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G on Boost
Carrier: boost mobile

tlhop911 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tlhop911 Send a message via MSN to tlhop911 Send a message via Yahoo to tlhop911 Send a message via Skype™ to tlhop911
Re: Htc touch pro 2 ii on boost not sending mms only!

well to start off... you paid for nothing getting it "flashed to Boost" there is no flash program. Boost Mobile is a Sprint pre-paid service and does not need flashing to work.i would recomend reinstalling the Sprint stock ROM and then installing Flyers Tweaked Sprint Arcsoft(threaded) 5.2.12.62 cab. I am on Boost and this is the cab file i use. After installed you need to reset your phone and open your sms program,menu,pic/video options,cdma servers and make a new setting. servername:boost mobile server address:mm.myboostmobile.com and then done make sure then to set boost mobile to default.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:06 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

moved
Old 11-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: BOOST

mackharoni is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aycaramba View Post
Ok, I arived at this site by entering the info on the subject line at a search engine, and got here. Now, I have spent about 4 to 6 hours between searching, reading and installing cab files, and changing stuff at the registry, and quite honestly, am very frustrated, so I turn to some of the experts around here for some help, and advice. I bought this phone new, out the box this Spring, and had a guy flash it to Boost. I know it has the SPB on it, and that's all I know. I can receive MMS quite okay, and send/receive SMS, and emails as well. I just can't send MMS. I tried sending MMS to my wife, and I see the message, with the picture attachment on my texts thread, but the recipient never gets it! Believe me, I have installed the following cabs: BOOSTMMSFIX, Remove_PictureMail_&_Arcsoft, Arcsoft_5_2_8_45_WVGA_Hybrid, Boost ArcSoft Threaded MMS 5.2.12.45, ArcSoft_Hybrid_Boost_Fix, sdkcerts 1, Boost ArcSoft MMS 5.0.69.25. I feel like I am spinning my wheels here. HELP! I do appreciate good help, and I will add a thank you to whomever can help me resolve this here issue.
1.download this BoostMMSFix.cab - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download install this on your phone
2.use regedit
HKLM/Software/ArcSoft/ArcSoft MMS UA/Config/UI/EnableServerEdit
change from 0 to 1 then it be fix
Old 11-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: boost
Threadstarter

aycaramba is a n00b

Mackharoni, I tried your suggestion and that not only not fix the problem, but it caused me not to receive MMS also. therefore, I removed the cab file.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:53 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

search for this on here "Guide for Tp2 on boost" make sure you start off fresh. before following the step by step on there.

Edit: follow this link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...tp2-boost.html

Last edited by masetas; 11-25-2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: added link
Old 07-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro tuch 2
Carrier: Boost

freazzer1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackharoni View Post
1.download this BoostMMSFix.cab - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download install this on your phone
2.use regedit
HKLM/Software/ArcSoft/ArcSoft MMS UA/Config/UI/EnableServerEdit
change from 0 to 1 then it be fix
I tried downloading ur file but it's not abaliable anymore. u know where I can get it??? Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2