PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kwatcha is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Jetcet printing

Since I have my TP2 for month's I never looked into wireless printing and I was wondering if any of U ever used it or is currently using it. My question is.....do you need a "wireless printer" or basically need a printer hooked up to your PC that connects to your home wifi. I use my PC in my bedroom hooked up to wifi with my HP printer connected to my PC....any imput would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 11-14-2010, 01:49 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Jetcet printing

you need to tell your pc to share the printer and set your firewall appropriately. if your printer isn't listed you can try other drivers, most are all the same.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:03 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

ive tried it... youd need pictbridge in Jetcet and a pictbridge supported printer(wirelessly print pics,files,or sms) to work and TP2 doesnt seem to support it..

nuerom had a hack that enabled pictbridge on TP1, the exactt same mod does nothing on the TP2.. ive played around with lots of different values and never got it to work...

if you have a wifi or BT printer though, id assume as stated above you have different options as well..

Modify the registry entry:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Apps\WESTTEK\JETCET Print 5\Settings]
"SupportedPrinterTypes”=dword:3F (63)

thats the hack would would add the "add pictbridge" printer...

obviously pictbridge is not the only way to wirelessly print, but if the hack would have worked, it may have been the simpliest..
Old 11-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

I think you can also hook your TP2 to your printer directly with your usb cable and print.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:57 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
if you have a wifi or BT printer though, id assume as stated above you have different options as well..
yeah, I've actually got a generic bluetooth printer adapter so it pretty much just works on most printers. (although I generally just do black and white pdf or text)
I forgot about the picbridge nonsense
Old 11-15-2010, 09:46 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

only printer i have is a HP Photosmart 8050.. it supports pictbridge.. i can print docs, pics, texts off my TP1s, but not my TP2s.. the printer is BT as well, but my laptop is not, and none of my TPs period can find it through BT even..

Pictbridge is kind of lame and certainly older tech, but if allowed, like i said itd be a silly simple way through jetcet to print anything... Jetcet has add a BT printer option though as well, so if OP has an adapter like you do, and his printer is BT capable, he could still print wirelessly Id think..

edit.. played with values again for a few and if you goto hklm>software>apps>westek>jetcet print5>settings>supported printer types and change the value to 190 you can have Add Network printer, BT printer, USB direct printer, and Local printer options

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 11-15-2010 at 10:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DX2
Carrier: Verizon

three west is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to three west
Arrow Re: Jetcet printing

I've used it a few times to print to a Ricoh color laser on my work wireless network, of course the printer has its own ip.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:45 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
edit.. played with values again for a few and if you goto hklm>software>apps>westek>jetcet print5>settings>supported printer types and change the value to 190 you can have Add Network printer, BT printer, USB direct printer, and Local printer options
Great find! Thanks for sharing!!

Donations accepted not expected!

Old 11-16-2010, 05:49 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
Great find! Thanks for sharing!!
no problem, i gave myself about 20minutes of solid playing with different values seeing if anything new would come up..

value @ 63-88, 190 -191, 187(default)-180, 194-200

doesnt seem to get any better than the 190 value which gives 4 printer options
Old 11-17-2010, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 by HTC

jigwashere is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to jigwashere

My HP1012 is connected to my PC via USB cable and the PC (Windows XP) is connected to my wireless router via ethernet cable. I simply ran the network wizard on the PC and selected to share my printer. In Jetcet, I went the route of entering my computer name and printer name: \\GT5014\HP 1012 Laserjet. I selected the HP 1015 driver. Note that my TP2 was on the same WiFi network rather than Sprint's network. When I tried to connect, I was prompted for my PC's userid and password. That's it.

I recently installed an Epson Workforce 610 on my network via the built-in wireless connection, but have not attempted to use Jetcet. Maybe I'll do that tonight.

I'm glad I have this capability, but can't remember the last time I used it. When I print anything, I typically pull the microSD card and copy the data to my PC and print from there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2