PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation 54 kbps Tethering speed! Please help!.... Problem Solved!

Ive tried a few searches and I can't find anything regarding increasing speed for tethering. Just surfing from your phone.

I did find this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1636344-post4.html)

Then I asked hypnotic2010 and he recommended this thread Speed Up Your Data!!

Both cabs dont seem to increase my tethering speed. Im getting around 862kbps on my phone with Opera mobile 10.

it doesn't matter if I use USB tethering or wifi tethering. Watching videos is like dial up it only play 1 or two seconds then stops to refresh.

Could this be a rom issue Im using forumals mobile shell rom and I have full signal where I am.

Please help!

and

What are your tethering speeds?

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 11-15-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:43 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: 54 kbps Tethering speed! Please help!

Sprints speeds are: 600k-1.6mbps up average... thats SPrints Claim...

now the past 2 days(mon and tues), Sprint has had network issues.. theres been some posts around the web on it... even uptil about midnight last night, my phone was going back and forth between 1x and airplane mode all on its own.. soft resets, wouldnt fix it.... everything seems to be ok now though..

could be theres alot of netwrok traffic this morning, idk..

i just know that networks rarely use more than 10-15% capacity at any given time... all it takes is several more % points after this to start slowing down the network... if a carriers network reached 30% or more, itd probably crash.... Carriers dont divuldge this kind of info... but when you see "XXXmbps speeds possible" thats based on that 10-15% of people.... every network/carrier knows that if everyone all used theyre phones at once, thyre server would crash quicker than shit...

if it worked well before, itll woerk fine again... i doubt your doomed... and if your streaming online for your movies, try using Clear Temp and cleaning out your phone and browsers cache and temp folders and such..

just suggestions..
Old 11-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks boredandtattooed,

Ive had this issue for weeks if not months I dont remember anymore. Pretty much since I can remember.

I close all programs on my phone with only the wifi tethering or usb tethering running. I run clear temp and clean ram level 3. I also close all background applications on my computer.

Nothing seems to improve.

Is there better tethering options? I remember there were ones that you had to pay for. Dont remember the anymore it was a while ago. I just thought why pay for something when you get it for free.

Sprints speeds are: 600k-1.6mbps up average...

Is that tethering speeds? or Internet because thats what I average on my phone but not on tethering.

Thanks and thanked and will thank every response on this thread. Hopefully we can solve this. I really want to watch videos and/or have video chats with my friends and family that are overseas.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:26 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

ok heres where i never really paid attention lol... rate of speed conversions..

i dont buy what any website tells me my speed is, its always different anyways..

Takes me upto an hour sometimes to download a new Rom.. Takes about 1 1/2 for me to download a 300mb movie(that small because already formatted for phone)... this is pretty standard for me...

Ive always felt like I was getting the short end of the tethering stick, compared to others.. idk, maybe im not... i only use tether, about 30gbs a month... ive amassed 300gbs just in movies since April, all only using Tethering... it keeps up, but barely.. I also use a seperate TP1 just to tether with XBOX 360/Netflix, but the last few months ive encountered numerous "connection is slowing" warnings and its made Netflix almost unwatchable..

i know none of that directly answers "what my speeds are" but theres a time frame comparison atleast lol

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 11-10-2010 at 12:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Hey, did you happen to try the Wmwifirouter cab I sent you? Did that make any difference?

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 11-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Hey, did you happen to try the Wmwifirouter cab I sent you? Did that make any difference?
If your talking about the tweak cab (second link on the OP) yes I did it didn't do anything. Maybe because I wasn't running WMwifrouter, if the cab was intended to work WITH WMwifirouter.

Ive just been using Wi-Fi Router. and internet sharing.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

I would say usb tethering should give you the highest speeds. Maybe update your prl and soft reset and try again. You may get better signal reception by flashing a different radio but it is hit or miss.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:38 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
If your talking about the tweak cab (second link on the OP) yes I did it didn't do anything. Maybe because I wasn't running WMwifrouter, if the cab was intended to work WITH WMwifirouter.

Ive just been using Wi-Fi Router. and internet sharing.
WMWifirouter is a program that lets you usb tether along with many other options!!!!!!!!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 11-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

i rarely tether,when i do its usually when my home internet connection is down. but when i do it seems that my speeds arent much slower than that of my home internet connection (comcast xfinity) its only noticeable when i try to watch HD videos on youtube or those larger than 3 mins in length. once i downloaded songs on limewire (before it got shut down) i was getting speeds of around 150kbps and i know that file downloads usually use about 10% of the max speed of the internet connection so i guess my actual connection speed was 1.5mbps and this is through bt tethering.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
WMWifirouter is a program that lets you usb tether along with many other options!!!!!!!!
LOL

I know what the program is im not that much of a noob.

But there is a difference between the two wifi routers so I was curious if WMwifirouter is a better program and gives faster speeds.

Im going to try and reflash another rom. see if that helps

I never flashed a radio before I always just used whatever the cooked rom offered may have to do some reading into that.

Does 54kbps seem slow to you people? For me its crawling speeds and I dont understand why when my phone reaches up to 1300kbps on mobilespeedtest.com

What speeds are you guys experiencing? any info as to what rom your using what program your using to tether and any other misc information will help greatly and much appreciated and thanked.

thanks to all who have tried to help and answer this

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2