PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey
TP2 Won't Wake up

So the minute I received my new replacement phone from Sprint I experience this ever so popular error of the screen not waking up. I ignored it at first as I didn't know what was causing it. My thought was that the phone just started up for the first time and maybe was doing some background processes.

Pull out battery and try again...Same thing...

After the 3rd time it's working like it should.

Play with the phone a little bit and flash to Energy Rom.

Same problem. Did some reading up on it. 6.5 version of WM seems to be the problem (or is it just 6.5.X?) Tried a hard reset, no avail.

Well after a day or two with having to pull the battery out, the phone decides to be an angel for almost the rest of the week. 4-5 Straight days, phone will wake up (screen turn on) when I want it to. Now yesterday it started acting up again...

First thing I was gonna do was Flash back to stock, clear storage, hard reset and see if that fixes it. If so leave it be for now or maybe pick up a 6.1 ROM

(Any suggestions on a 6.1 rom?)

If not, go back to the sprint store and get it replaced.

Anything else I should try?

Last edited by Mswezey; 11-01-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mswezey
So the minute I received my new replacement phone from Sprint I experience this ever so popular error of the screen not waking up. I ignored it at first as I didn't know what was causing it. My thought was that the phone just started up for the first time and maybe was doing some background processes.

Pull out battery and try again...Same thing...

After the 3rd time it's working like it should.

Play with the phone a little bit and flash to Energy Rom.

Same problem. Did some reading up on it. 6.5 version of WM seems to be the problem (or is it just 6.5.X?) Tried a hard reset, no avail.

Well after a day or two with having to pull the battery out, the phone decides to be an angel for almost the rest of the week. 4-5 Straight days, phone will wake up (screen turn on) when I want it to. Now yesterday it started acting up again...

First thing I was gonna do was Flash back to stock, clear storage, hard reset and see if that fixes it. If so leave it be for now or maybe pick up a 6.1 ROM

(Any suggestions on a 6.1 rom?)

If not, go back to the sprint store and get it replaced.

Anything else I should try?
Flash the 6.1 shipped rom and see if you still have problems.
Otherwise, I think there are a few 6.1 custom roms in the upgrades forum. You just have to search back a bit.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: TP2 Won't Wake up

i say get it replaced... me and a few other forum members had this issue about 2 months ago. one guy took his to the sprint store and they said the ribbon cable was tore. i suspect my ribbon cable was tore too (i had that tp2 replaced). my issue was that i had that tp2 9 months, no problems with the screen waking when the power button was pressed. i upgraded to 6.5 the day after it was released then all of a sudden around september, my tp2 started to refuse to wake when i tried to turn the screen back on. i noticed that the screen was actually coming on, but nothing was showing on the screen. i still could turn the volume up/down and click things on the screen. so are you able able to still use the screen when its black? i definitely would flash back to stock, relock, and take it to a sprint store to let them have a look. im really thinking either your ribbon cable is ripped or loose. let me know how it goes
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

Alright thanks for the additional support guys

I'll flash to stock 6.1, and see if it works. If not, back to sprint store tomorrow.

I also notice that my screen has like an oily residue looking color in the middle that appeared after day 3? Should that be a cause of concern of the screen messing up more than it is already doing?
Old 11-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mswezey
Alright thanks for the additional support guys

I'll flash to stock 6.1, and see if it works. If not, back to sprint store tomorrow.

I also notice that my screen has like an oily residue looking color in the middle that appeared after day 3? Should that be a cause of concern of the screen messing up more than it is already doing?
Hmm...well that is caused from heat or too much pressure on the screen. If I were you I'd go ahead and get it replaced anyway since you are seeing the newton rings. It will only get worse and the only fix is to replace the digitizer.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well I know for a fact that this hasn't been near any heat sources, and I've been babying this thing from day one! (waiting for my screen protector and rubber casing to get here)

I figured out a way to bring my screen back to life.

Well after I flashed it back stock and locked it :/ ...

If I slide it open, and slide it back really fast. then press the button twice the screen comes back on. Worked every time. Definitely a lose connection it seems like.

Hopefully a new refurbished TP2 with zero flaws awaits me in the near future!
Old 11-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dex0811 is a n00b

have the same problem with TP 2 belong to me, after I tried various ways, finally I found a powerful steps fix the problem, I tried to upgrade the radio. and the problem is resolved. now I'm using the ROM of energy. thanks to Mr. X that has been dividing his knowledge here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...-included.html
Old 11-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

getting a tp2 replaced because of an SOD is so unecessary because it only happens in the 6.5 21889 roms and the 6.5.x roms. not any 6.1 roms or 6.5 219xx series roms, if people just stick to those roms there wont be such problems like this and the # of replacements will stay down, we do not want for the tp2 to be replaced as much as the original tp had been.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Came back from Sprint about an hour ago.

Was only in the store for 10 minutes, replacement should be here Friday.

Eric12341: I had the Energy Rom 6.5 219XX series...it still did it. I flashed backed to stock Sprint Rom 6.1, still did it.

Plus my screen was already starting to mess up in the middle.

So sticking to any particular ROM in my situation isn't going to help me any ATM.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

guess ur case was different than the others that ive seen get replacements for this issue

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2