PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

yzfr6 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon TP2 Lost its identity

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but after flashing my Radio and ROM my phone seems to have lost its identiy. I have a Verizon TP2 and went from 1.88.07 to 2.35.00 and it worked fine no issues. Did as Task29 and then Flashed BigMaxSenseROM-23569-VZW-7-25 and I cant make any calls now and no data connection. Went back to the stock Verizon ROM and still nothing. Put the radio back to 1.88.07 still no go. Any advice would be appreciated. I am unable to make a call from the phone or to the phone as well as no data service. Thanks for any help
Old 10-30-2010, 08:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Re: Verizon TP2 Lost its identity

Dial *228 and reprogram your phone. If it still doesn't work, you may have the same issue that several others did around the time that MR1 came out as the new radio had a different authentication method. For some reason, VZW's system kept the data from the old radio and the phone would appear ok, but couldn't do anything. If it still doesn't work after *228, you'll need to talk to tech support and have them look into it. I'm not sure what exactly it is that they have to clear out, but it's fairly quick on their end to fix the problem.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

yzfr6 is a n00b

Thanks imnuts. I did just that *228 was "successful" and data worked again but not voice to txt messages. So I called and after getting to the 2nd tier of tech support they took care if it in a few minutes. Thanks for the assistance!
Old 10-31-2010, 01:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

just to future referenceto assist others that may run into this issue, what did tech support do?
Old 10-31-2010, 04:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
just to future referenceto assist others that may run into this issue, what did tech support do?
I had the same problem, but it was probably 6 months ago. There is something that gets cached in VZWs system as far as the authentication data for the device and it just needs to be flushed out and the phone re-programmed.

The authentication method changed between the original release and the updated radio, and sometimes, the new authentication data doesn't properly overwrite/replace the old data. If that happens, there is nothing you can do personally and VZW has to flush the data manually and then you just have to reprogram your phone again and it works as there is no old info left in the system to get stuck there.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

sprint users dont have this problem.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
sprint users dont have this problem.
Knock on wood!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Just had this issue as well. I'm not sure if its a fix considering the previous posts, but i did Task29>Flash Stock>Clear Storage (will require programming after)>Flash Custom and this cleared up my problem. Hope that helps someone like me that doesnt have another line available to call VZW CS
Old 02-18-2011, 01:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

This sounds like the A-Key that plagged the XV6800...

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 02-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
This sounds like the A-Key that plagged the XV6800...
Not really sure what happens. i had some definite symptoms though, just didnt see an issue until recently. I noticed that when i flashed Verizon MR2 my radio still said 2.37...even after task29 then custom it went right back. so i did Task29 then stock mr2 then clear storage to wipe everything and it finally showed 2.35 i.e. a succesful radio clear/flash.

in the end im just happy it worked, for about 2 hours i had no phone service and thought there was no hope

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2