PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 Screen Cracked :(

My Touch Pro 2 was dropped (by me of course) and while trying to break the fall (with my foot) it ended up against the wall cracked. It still works perfectly well but I'd like to replace the screen if possible. Is this something I can do by myself? I'd like to buy stuff on ebay and have it fixed but I'm not entirely sure what I should search for on ebay and was also wondering if there was a DIY that I could use to fix this?
Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000188.jpg (230.5 KB, 50 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

Huggybear is becoming a great contributor
Re: TP2 Screen Cracked :(

Man...that sucks!

Try searching this on eBay - HTC Touch Pro 2 digitizer screen. There's several going for well under $20.

Looks like there's a bunch from different providers. I'm not sure if it really matters, but I would look for one that matches.

Hope that helps!
Old 10-30-2010, 01:00 AM
Lurker

nutter218 is a n00b

If you have TEP, physical damage (cracked screens) are now covered under the policy again.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Youtube video here shows you how: YouTube - touch pro 2, replace screen, replace digitizer,

If you can find the whole assenbly together get that as it seems separating the digitizer from the screen is a real PIA.

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 10-30-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

tallblazer124 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutter218 View Post
If you have TEP, physical damage (cracked screens) are now covered under the policy again.
When you say they are covered under the policy again do you mean you can get a free replacement or do you have to pay the 100 dollar detuctable? My phone has a cracked screen and the cover is cracked I know if I bring it to sprint they will say your phone has been dropped we cant fix this. What should I do?
Old 11-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

My wife's TP's screen went out and my TP2's keyboard stopped working (the m/? key didn't work) Got them both replaced with TEP and No out of pocket on my part.
It's worth a try before you spend money and void your warranty anyway.
p.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nuffstylez is a n00b

There is a guy on ebay, user name is doctorwatsonsclinic, look him up. I had him repair my touch pro 2 and all is well, highly recommended. You send your phone to him and he sends it back out the next day. this guy is good.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

akmzero is just getting started
If you have tep we will replace the screen if we have the part or order you a new phone at no extra cost.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro

wakamono is a n00b

I took it to several stores, all they said was to call Asurin and pay the deductible. I have a TEP and phone is working fine. What do i do?
Old 05-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

You have to take it to a store with a repair center in it... The stores at the mall or in strip malls usually don't know what the heck they are talking about. But there are some cool ones out there. I have two stores in all of San Diego that I will take my phones to. No other one. So it may take some trial and error. If you have the money and dont mind it... Send it out or buy the part or call asurion... I don't so I only go where they will actually help me.
Good luck bro.
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2