PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NRG ROM 2 questions ?

I have 2 questions ?

1. i have SPB backup app i perform a complete full backup. IF NRG release same rom with different version. ie oct 25 to Nov 2nd. how best i can load my program's - apps -all my settings - and quick links ? i hate to spend 2 hours everytime loading all my settings and program to Sd card. i have everything running from Sd card.

2. does anyone have a battery saving cab i need to improve my nrg rom touch of glass 21916 2.0 i use blue tooth alot and i know it sucks up battery but is there some tweaks i can use to save battery life..
Old 10-28-2010, 11:02 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: NRG ROM 2 questions ?

i say depends..

if its the same cookie version-the quicklinks is ok

apps are never an issue..hence there being xda_uc and such which auto-load your apps for you..

but your registry?? you should never transfer full registries no matter what if you ask me... you may not have issues, but you never know what a chef, especially Nrg, is switching around in there.. some things are ok-ie app registries,browser registries,Pic Mail size limit registries, those are the type of things i move into Roms, harmless things.. but nothing close to a full import..

my suggestion, spend 2hrs once backing up registries the right way..individually and exactly only what you need... then youll never have to worry about what Rom period.. same chef,build or not..
Old 10-28-2010, 11:18 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
I have 2 questions ?

1. i have SPB backup app i perform a complete full backup. IF NRG release same rom with different version. ie oct 25 to Nov 2nd. how best i can load my program's - apps -all my settings - and quick links ? i hate to spend 2 hours everytime loading all my settings and program to Sd card. i have everything running from Sd card.

2. does anyone have a battery saving cab i need to improve my nrg rom touch of glass 21916 2.0 i use blue tooth alot and i know it sucks up battery but is there some tweaks i can use to save battery life..
I don't know why you would ever bother with SPB backup when flashing to a different release. The transfer over of ANY registry settings will just cause lots of issues. NRG's rom releases come with all the backup tools you need built in.

you can use the settings exporter (including your senseui stuff, sounds, etc) to get most of what you need and use pim backup for your contacts, there is also a backup for your favorites. if you are using one of his cookie roms, you can backup your cookie settings too.

and just utilize the XDA_UC to reinstall all your cabs and other stuff (there is an explanation on how to use it on the first page of the engeryrom thread).

using all the built in backup stuff after a flash i am all set after about 5 minutes with 0 issue. and i never have to change any of the settings.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks will have to read XDA_UC to keep all my settings -

ie: quick links - programs install on my sd card and tweaks - cabs

for now i have a full backup of current rom i am using so if anything happens atleast i have a full restore..

XDA-UC seems complicated process i need to read and understand all the different settings and folder's in there..

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2