PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weather tab broken?

Whats up with the TF3D Weather tab? I have 3 stock ROM devices, Diamond, TP and TP2 that refuse to update the weather anymore regardless of wifi or data conditions (ruling out a Airave issue since one isnt even activated).

Anyone else? Figured id try here before i call Sprint. Just hit my 10th year Anniversary this past Tuesday though...

I did search, the older threads were for other issues, or so far in the past they couldnt be related.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

machek is becoming a great contributor
Re: Weather tab broken?

mine works on wifi, but not 3g, I added to another post mid past week.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

No problems with mine. Server issue?
Old 10-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No, i figured out somehow its related to Conflippers North America Weather V5 program. Been working fine for God knows how long, all of a sudden, it wont now. I dont know how it would break 3 phones, unless the server info was boshed on Sprints end, and results in an incorrect request on the phone side. Thing is, the Weather database editor 1.1 works fine on the Diamond and TP, but breaks TF3D on the TP2. I tried manually editing the Reg entry for the cities list (HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila), but it didnt do anything, even after i soft reset. The list has Tokyo, Taipei and others, i edited it to Accuweather entry of NAM|US|KY|CITY NAME, but as soon as i quit the reg editor it reverts.

Is there a way to manually edit the cities list so it stays to what you edit? I have the CM Guardian Killer installed to keep stuff reverting on its own, but my reg edit wont stay.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

WI4Fan is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to WI4Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
No, i figured out somehow its related to Conflippers North America Weather V5 program. Been working fine for God knows how long, all of a sudden, it wont now. I dont know how it would break 3 phones, unless the server info was boshed on Sprints end, and results in an incorrect request on the phone side. Thing is, the Weather database editor 1.1 works fine on the Diamond and TP, but breaks TF3D on the TP2. I tried manually editing the Reg entry for the cities list (HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila), but it didnt do anything, even after i soft reset. The list has Tokyo, Taipei and others, i edited it to Accuweather entry of NAM|US|KY|CITY NAME, but as soon as i quit the reg editor it reverts.

Is there a way to manually edit the cities list so it stays to what you edit? I have the CM Guardian Killer installed to keep stuff reverting on its own, but my reg edit wont stay.
Conflipper's did not renew his domain associated with his weather app update. He is retiring from WinMo development (according to other threads on the forums). You are going to have to uninstall Conflipper's weather app. I did find a replacement though. Do a search on 'SSK TP2 Tweaks #1.cab'. This is basically the same app with an updated server reference. This one works. Sorry I don't have the actual link for you. I ran into the exact same issue on Friday and resolved it with this cab. If I find the thread, i will post the link.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Is it something i could host, or is it gone altogether? I hate when people do that, and then say 'screw you all, im going home' and leave us to wonder WTH happened.

I just popped the XML file in his prog open and it seems to be as simple as putting an XML file on a server and changing the program to search to that server instead of his. Any ideas?

Edit: searching for that prog only found my thread lol.

Last edited by Talon Pro; 10-24-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:

Conflipper's Weather has not been working for some time now. Download this weather editor:
Manila 2.1 and 2.5 JVH3 Weather City Editor - Version 3.5 | updated 3/15/2010 - xda-developers

Then follow this proceedure:

1. Disable TF3d/Sense and soft reset.
2. Then uninstall Conflipper V5.
3. Then soft reset.
4. Then restart TF3d/Sense and see if weather will work normally.
5. Then disable Sense.
6. Then soft reset again.(probably not necessary but just to be safe)
7. Install the JVH3 editor and configure.

Good Luck!
Old 10-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Is it something i could host, or is it gone altogether? I hate when people do that, and then say 'screw you all, im going home' and leave us to wonder WTH happened.
Pretty harsh words, IMO. That might be deserved of some, but not Conflipper. The guy has given tons to the WinMo community and only after being worn down by the HTC legal dept. did he decide to "go home." I appreciate all that developers do for us in making our phones more to our liking, especially the ones that give of their talents for free.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Thanks, that worked, and is using the regular website. I did however find the XDA file that allows you to run your own. Im working on that and when i get it done ill fix Conflippers prog with the new address. I like that cause he went to all the trouble of adding so many cities and pretty much makes it so you dont have to edit anything, although JVH's works good too.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
Pretty harsh words, IMO. That might be deserved of some, but not Conflipper. The guy has given tons to the WinMo community and only after being worn down by the HTC legal dept. did he decide to "go home." I appreciate all that developers do for us in making our phones more to our liking, especially the ones that give of their talents for free.
Im not saying that he meant it that way (not saying he didnt, but he could have let someone take over the website, its still locked to his account according to WhoIs, just not up and working), but seriously, how many posts do you see that say 'see ya winmo, im going to android' or the likes. Hell, even GT2L said it to the TP1 users when he went TP2...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2