PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP 2
Carrier: Sprint

yazyazoo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Button to restart cell radio to go from 1x to EVDO?

Is there a way to install a button that forces the phone to restart the cell radio or go from 1x to EVDO?

My problem is I stream music from Slacker which is fine when EVDO speed. If I get a call or drop from EVDO then it stays at 1x for awhile and this makes my streaming suck.

I know I am in EVDO area but my phone stays in 1x unless i reset the phone or radio.

Any way to do it quickly?
Old 10-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Slacker has a pause button. You might try pausing the stream for a second while the phone switches back to data. There are options to force EVDO, but then you don't get any calls or SMS.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2 Vindows plutonium Rom
Carrier: sprint

cganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Button to restart cell radio to go from 1x to EVDO?

you can try downloading wmlonglife and in the bandswitcher configuration force it to stay on 3G all the time
Old 10-24-2010, 07:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mnxd9 is a n00b

I make a quick call to my VM, and 95% of the time it goes back to evdo, I think a text would probably work the same. Try it, I do the same exact thing streaming slacker.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

u can set the long press end key to switch the phone to airplane mode and vice versa to do this follow this sequence start>settings>personal>buttons>end key (or long press end key) then tick turn airplane mode on/off.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

machek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnxd9 View Post
I make a quick call to my VM, and 95% of the time it goes back to evdo, I think a text would probably work the same. Try it, I do the same exact thing streaming slacker.

i do the same, sometimes switching it to Airplane mode and back helps it as well
Old 10-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazyazoo
Is there a way to install a button that forces the phone to restart the cell radio or go from 1x to EVDO?

My problem is I stream music from Slacker which is fine when EVDO speed. If I get a call or drop from EVDO then it stays at 1x for awhile and this makes my streaming suck.

I know I am in EVDO area but my phone stays in 1x unless i reset the phone or radio.

Any way to do it quickly?
Just pull up CommManager and click on Data Connection to disconnect and then after a few seconds it should change to evdo. Then exit CommManager and go back to your app and restart or continue your streaming. It will reconnect automatically.

Last edited by horndoctor; 10-24-2010 at 10:34 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2