PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 11:57 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen coming up at edge.

I've had my TP2 for about 6 months now, and have noticed for a while that the right edge of my screen will come up a little over the edge of the device. Up until now I have just pressed it down a little and it smooths back out for a while.

Now, however, some dust or dirt of some kind has gotten under the edge of the screen and has formed a little "bump" under the screen's edge, so pressing it down does not work.

Anybody else have this happen to their TP2? I'm going to go into a Sprint store tomorrow and see if it can be repaired (not a big thing, but any screen separation should be looked at, right?). I'll post my results here.

If any of you have had a similar experience, post it here so we can compare.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Screen coming up at edge.

I have heard of the digitizer delaminating, though I can't give you a link. Also heard of someone intentionally separating it partially to get rid of bubbles. Yeah, definitely take it back, but also notice how you are carrying it as you are likely stressing that area - don't want it to happen again!!!

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Threadstarter

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Hmm... I have it in a holster all the time unless I am using it. Shouldn't be any stress on it at all!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Make sure you do a backup... More than likely they won't know what to do about it and will either replace it... Or they may take the ass way... And tell you that it's your fault and that if you want it replaced you have to pay the deductible, then they'll replace it.
Either way... Good luck.
Let us know what happens.
p.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Threadstarter

Quick update. Went to the Sprint store, and they told me that since it wasn't interfering with the operation of the device that there was nothing they could do.

So pretty much they told me to come back when it was worse. Oh well.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: sprint

kevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good workkevintmr is keeping up the good work

I had this happen to my TP2. The digitizer on the long edge became raised over time, then separated enough to where i could pull it up a few millimeters. I brought the phone to a corporate store with the complaint asking for a replacement. The device was still in the one year manufacturer warranty and they ordered me a new one. My reasoning to them that the device was not old and should not be falling apart. Also, I was concerned about debris getting between the digitizer and LCD. Good Luck

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2