PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, My HTC Vogue is alive again!
Carrier: MetroPCS

billion is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wondering about Houdini

Greetings Everyone....

I'm still pretty much a noob, but I got the Do It My Damn Self pockets in this economy. I've had the HTC 6900, HTC Diamond, and now I've gotten the HTC Touch Pro 2. I've pretty much done everything to it from uploading PRL 2003 to changing the settings for internet, sms,mms. My problem is Metroflashing. Of course, storebots are clueless on flashing anything remotely looking like a smartphone and here in Atlanta it looks like the rates have jumped drastically since the days I had my HTC 6900, prices are from $85-$100. I'm far from an expert(I wish I could code ROMS like you guys), but I don't need what the independent Metro affiliates are offering for $100. I'm thinking of just buying the Houdini and loading the ESN to Metropcs myself, any thoughts, concerns I should be aware of? Thanks!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:41 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Wondering about Houdini

Houdini is FREE!!!!!!! Houdinisoft Help Desk theres the software AND the drivers..

then go here Houdini Training and you can train yourself how to use Houdini...

ive thought about this before, just a few weeks ago.. i run a WIN7 64bit though and Houdini doesnt run on 64Bit machines... so i couldnt try it out..

and Id call MetroPCS Corp and ask what the rate is, because my buddy owns a Metro store and still only charges 50 bucks to flash them... if your ATL store is charging 80-100, theyre ripping people off and should be reported
Old 10-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

billion is a n00b

Thanks for responding boredandtattooed!

I'm justifiably complaining because according to MetroPCS' own website MetroPCS | MetroFLASH I should be able to pay $10 at a corporate store and get this done because the phone is on the list of phones on the list. $10 is fair if all you need is the ESN to go into Metro's inventory. Do-it yourselfers using forums like this and others one can handle the other issues with your phone.

Houdinisoft responded to my inquiry, here's a partial pertaining to Metropcs:
Quote:
NOTE: If you are interested in flashing to the carriers below, please do not order Houdinisoft from our website. These carriers will require you to be an authorized dealer in order to flash to their network and supply you with the software and user credentials that you may need to get started. Please contact your local dealer for more information. Thank you. Metro PCS
Blue Wireless
Revol PCS
Now I'm kinda mad at even paying $50 after looking at Metroflash....

Hopes this helps for anyone who might have had the same question I had...
Not really sure about being an authorized dealer:
MetroPCS | Dealer Information
Old 10-07-2010, 12:21 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

to bad you cant be an authorized dealer w/o a store front.. atleast thats how it looks..

but yeah, if its really only suppose to be 10bucks, 50 is a rip off... you need to call Metro and get them to that point in the convo and then put your Metro store people on speaker phone with them.. or show them the email and see what they have to say about it
Old 10-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

billion is a n00b

I think I might have found a corporate store. It might be all in finding someone willing to try. I give sales dude props for acknowledging that they are supposed to be able to do it and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. He also verified they used Houdini (I had to ask, because I'm not understanding why these folks at metro corp stores are clueless)...

I think the key is following the directions here, then finding & going to a metropcs corp store that's willing to try:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...-metropcs.html

Wish me luck!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

billion is a n00b

Colossal waste of time...the store I went to didn't even have the sprint version of HTC touch pro 2 in its Houdini system...just the verizon. Metro probably loses a lot of new business because of clearly untrained employees...
Old 10-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

billion is a n00b

Mission accomplished. MetroFlashed for $20. They changed the PRL, but I changed it back. Looking forward to seeking the ultimate ROM. If you're in Atlanta, they'll do it at 1217 Metropolitan Parkway.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
houdinisoft, htc touch pro 2 sprint, metropcs, noob