PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 03:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quick Question about Tweaking apps

If you install cabs for apps like Advanced Config, HD2Tweak, etc. and use them to make changes, will the changes remain intact if you remove them after the soft reset? It would be nice to clear some of those out since i only use them once when i first flash a ROM
Old 09-30-2010, 10:05 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Quick Question about Tweaking apps

removing the cab is fine.. its deleting the progrsm filess folder or registry that will change things.. think of cabs as installer files on a PC.. once its installed you dont need the installer file any longer technically..

advanced config even has an option way at the bottom to "delete cabs after install".. so yeah if you wanna remove the cabs to free up space, go right ahead..

i do recommend saving cabs on your PC or something though.. otherwise youll always be re-downloading cabs for when you do new flashes and such....
Old 09-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

that's why I keep all my cabs on my microSD card.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417
If you install cabs for apps like Advanced Config, HD2Tweak, etc. and use them to make changes, will the changes remain intact if you remove them after the soft reset? It would be nice to clear some of those out since i only use them once when i first flash a ROM
I believe if you uninstall an app like Advanced Config changes that you made with it will remain but I am not completely sure. I remember Advanced Config has an option to export a file that lists the changes you made with it so you could do that and manually check those regs after uninstalling.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
that's why I keep all my cabs on my microSD card.
Ditto. Deleting the .cab files after installation causes no issue whatsoever. That said, some cabs are nothing more than regedits or manila files (as an example) and deleting through the Remove Programs link in Settings will usually remove whatever it was they installed. Also, as was stated, removing some programs like Advanced Config will leave any changes made while using it (that's why they offer the ability to export the data of any changes), but some will revert the changes to what they were before installation and use of the program. This has long been a pet peeve of mine with WinMo developers, the fact that there is rarely any information about this kind of thing. I used to have a program on my PC that ran before installation of any software and logged all reg entries and directories created/modified by the installer so that I could trace any remnants not removed by an uninstall. I wish something like this existed for WinMo.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:32 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

fyi, the option for deleting cab files, will infact delete any cab after it installs. even if it's stored on the card, running the install will auto delete the cab.
this is a legacy option for when ppc's only had a few mb of storage.

also my suspendresume cab in my sig is highly recommended if you play around with those two tweaking apps.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I believe if you uninstall an app like Advanced Config changes that you made with it will remain but I am not completely sure. I remember Advanced Config has an option to export a file that lists the changes you made with it so you could do that and manually check those regs after uninstalling.
this is what i was wondering, thanks. i might jus try doing the export so i dont have to do it next time...it just takes up space and now using QuickMenu i'd like to uninstall some apps so i dont have to keep clicking 'More'...'More'...'More'...
Old 10-01-2010, 11:54 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

lol, yea, quickmenu could use an update for finger-scrolling. I've found it works best to use categorized folders not just a long list.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2