PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Video on the Tilt 2/TP2

I spent much of yesterday trying out different DVD/video conversion software and finally settled on one that does a great job of converting files into a format that plays well on the Tilt 2/TouchPro 2. I don't know why, but it appears this phone's version of WMP doesn't like MPGs or WMVs as much as it likes 3GP files. These files (in both *.3gp and *.3g2 format) play almost flawlessly and without artifacting, something neither MPGs or WMVs do on the Tilt 2. In the process of auditioning all these various programs, the best I found was Pavtube's Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate. Don't let the name fool you, it does much more than just Blu-ray. In fact, it can handle almost anything you throw at it and the flexibility of output choices is amazing. Not only are there templates for just about any video/audio format you'd want, but they are editable, so you can change them to your needs and then save them as custom templates. I was hesitant about the $69 list price (the trial puts a watermark in the middle of the screen), but I did some searching and found a discount coupon online and got it for only $37. I have converted all 3 Matrix movies, the Lord of the Rings trilogy and a BD of the 2nd Narnia movie. I had the choice to preserve the theatre aspect ratio or go full screen and both look stunning on the Tilt 2 and play with barely a hiccup. I have some traveling coming up and wanted to take some movies on the road. This program was well worth the money and I spent hours trying others with varying degrees of success. The one free option (Freemake) is OK, but has nowhere near the customizability and its 3GP conversions do not play properly on the Tilt 2. The WMV conversions I did had artifacting issues with fast motion and the MPGs looked horrible and laggy. I wholeheartedly recommend this program from Pavtube. Here's a link to the discount I used.
Pavtube Blu-Ray Video Converter Ultimate Coupon Code(42% OFF)
BD conversion is a real-time process (yes, you need to have a BD reader), but DVD conversions take about 25 minutes for a 2 hour movie. The one BD movie I did yielded a 900mb file and the standard DVDs yielded about 500mb files. You can get them smaller, but quality will suffer a bit. I have a 16gb card, so no worries for me.
BTW, the serial number worked on both my desktop and laptop PC installations, so I can take it with me on the go.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:04 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Video on the Tilt 2/TP2

i use Wondershare Platinum.. ive always heard good things about Handbrake as well
Old 09-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i use Wondershare Platinum.. ive always heard good things about Handbrake as well
Isn't Wondershare a Mac program? And looking at this comparison the Platinum version is sorely lacking. Can't even rip or burn DVDs.
Wondershare Video to iPad Converter for Mac, Video to iPod Converter for Mac, Video to iPhone Converter for Mac, Video Converter Pro for Mac Compare

Also, many of the others I tried would not read any of the LOTR videos (copy protection perhaps?), but Pavtube reads everything, including commercial BD discs from Netflix (I tried 3 of them).

Last edited by Miami_Son; 09-26-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

at first I thought this was a n00b posting to ask how he could be able to watch videos on the TP2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2