PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ToUCHPRo 2
Carrier: sprint

dubmang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dubmang Send a message via Yahoo to dubmang
torrent tether?

so awhile ago i received an email from my internet saying i was caught dll a movie. it spooked me so i stopped completely and made my gf uninstall her stuff just because it said i was liable for anything since its under my name. fine.

well today i was messing with those tweak settings and had my phone internet going and had a torrent going in the background that i caught after a few minutes of it dll.

can they still trace that back to sprint and my name?
Old 09-24-2010, 12:35 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: torrent tether?

was that a knock on your door?
Old 09-24-2010, 10:52 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

guess it didnt spook ya good enough since your back at it again..

Shhhhhh! Dont talk about the no-hitter!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

dimapb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubmang View Post
so awhile ago i received an email from my internet saying i was caught dll a movie. it spooked me so i stopped completely and made my gf uninstall her stuff just because it said i was liable for anything since its under my name. fine.

well today i was messing with those tweak settings and had my phone internet going and had a torrent going in the background that i caught after a few minutes of it dll.

can they still trace that back to sprint and my name?
Yes they can.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

protaganis is just getting started

IP addresses strike again. They track information, be it a legit email or a downloaded movie by it's destination IP address. Your provider (cell or internet) keeps track of who is assigned which IP address at what time. That's how they found you.
Get Netflix, cheaper than a lawyer or a settlement.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:08 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

..or just figure out how to forge an IP Address... hehehe.. not half as hard as it sounds.. "easy-peasy,japanessey"
Old 09-24-2010, 01:34 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Bored is right on also ill do that plus fake my mac-address hehehe!!!!!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 09-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Obviously, we have a lot of ethically-challenged users in here.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:58 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
Obviously, we have a lot of ethically-challenged users in here.

Im sure 90% of all people have used some sort of cracked software at one point in time
Old 09-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

lolwat.

Your ISP got subpoenaed for your info because you were downloading illegally. And you... are already trying to get around it? If another subpoena comes up with your name on it, I doubt they're going to be as friendly. Take a break, wait for the heat to die down.

Also, forging IP addresses in a manner such that you interfere with traffic is a federal offense... I'm not sure you want the FCC breathing down your neck either. Try a VPN. Or proxy.

But seriously. No discussion of illegal activities on the forum.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2