PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

leerage is keeping up the good workleerage is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tethering in Energy ROM

Hello all,

I have recently switch to NRGZs latest ROM and have a question about USB tethering. I started up Internet Sharing but I don't have an option to select under Network Connections. I've researched and tried a couple of suggestions but none seem to work. I basically need to to show "Sprint" under network connections and then I'll be on my way. Wi-Fi router is not an option here. The desktop PC doesn't have a wireless card.

Thanks for your time.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Tethering in Energy ROM

When I switched to Energy a month or ago, I've had the same issue. I posted to others in the thread but no one seems to use USB tethering anymore, only WiFi. I prefer the USB tethering myself.

I have the same issue... it says waiting on network...then disconnects and does not work. I do not have the option to pick the network either.

I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone has a fix..
Old 09-16-2010, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

It seems with all the previous ROMs I've used, "Sprint" has always been in there. I am enjoying this new ROM but I definitely need the USB tethering. I'll continue to search and post if I find a solution.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo
Carrier: tmo

freshpl is a n00b

on the same boat i prefer usb over wifi. there is not SPRINT under connections ill search around as well for a solution
Old 09-16-2010, 04:30 PM
sly
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
When I switched to Energy a month or ago, I've had the same issue. I posted to others in the thread but no one seems to use USB tethering anymore, only WiFi. I prefer the USB tethering myself.

I have the same issue... it says waiting on network...then disconnects and does not work. I do not have the option to pick the network either.

I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone has a fix..
It seems the latest Energy ROMs need the SIM card inserted for USB tethering to work. Without the SIM, for whatever reason, the Internet Sharing doesn't see any network connection.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

IronRed is just getting started

energy rom with my diamond had given me problems. eventually, when tethering, I had to change the connection to DATA. That seemed to be it for me. But prior to that, I installed the ICS cab, IOTA update, profile update, etc. And each time I would run those, I could tether, but after a reset I had to do it over. Finally I changed the network to DATA and it worked from that point on. Hope this helps. On my stock TP2 rom, I did the ICS mod where you change the registry.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:33 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

You guys just need to make sure CMGuardian Service is removed or disabled(I'm guessing it is since your running NRG's rom)and download and install one of the stealth tethering cabs and then soft reset. You should be good to go then.

Last edited by horndoctor; 09-17-2010 at 02:35 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

U SHOULD FLASH TO 6.1
Old 09-17-2010, 09:29 AM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

You guys just need to make sure CMGuardian Service is removed or disabled(I'm guessing it is since your running NRG's rom)and download and install one of the stealth tethering cabs and then soft reset. You should be good to go then.
Ya that lil guy pretty well sucks!!!!!!! OP do as he say's, he is dead on with your issue

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 09-17-2010, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
Ya that lil guy pretty well sucks!!!!!!! OP do as he say's, he is dead on with your issue
The odd thing is though I have already ran the stealth cabs I previously had in an attempt to get Internet Sharing working. I've checked my registry and CMGuardian is already gone.

I haven't tried putting my SIM card back in. Will do that here after a bit.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2