PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 08:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Sgt.Kickass is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has this ever happen to anybody?

I woke up today to my phone not having any data connection.I went into the Comm Manager and saw that my data connection was turned off. I thought that was odd because I never turned it off. When the data started running again I decided to look at my email and noticed that all my email accounts were gone from my phone. What's that all about?

Oh yeah also I can't re-enter my accounts because the phone supposedly still recognizes them as still being there.

And another thing everytime I restart my phone my Data is off. I have to keep switching it back on! WTF!!!!

Touch Pro 2 Stock Rom
Haven't installed any new programs or messed with any registries.

Last edited by Sgt.Kickass; 09-16-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:25 AM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: Has this ever happen to anybody?

back up contacts calendar events only and hard reset and your problem will be solved. had similar happen here and after tring everything under the sun that was the only way to fix it.

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 09-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

nope ,never happend to me
Old 09-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/20.2463; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

was able to use sk tools to remove my email accounts when something similar happened to me. then was able to re enter them
Old 09-16-2010, 10:49 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Sgt.Kickass is a n00b

I did a hard reset. I have full service over here and yet my "Profile Update" keeps giving me an error and also every time I reset my phone I have to go into the Comm Manger to turn on the data connection.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

Huggybear is becoming a great contributor

I've had a situation where my email folder deletes itself and then spontaneously reloads by re-downloading all messages. Out of curiosity, how many emails did you have and how much virtual memory did their attachments take up? I find this happens to me when there's too much email and attachments.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:02 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Never happened to me.

I say flash the the 6.1 shipped rom.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

6.1 is not the solution to everything...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:13 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame
6.1 is not the solution to everything...
So says the troll...
I'm just trying to help the OP. How about you do the same and suggest an alternative?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

So says the troll...
I'm just trying to help the OP. How about you do the same and suggest an alternative?
I do as I please

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2