PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2, x50v
Carrier: Sprint

stcardinal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [tweak] save 20mb of ram with this simple tweak

What's a good reg editor?
Old 08-31-2010, 07:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcardinal View Post
Her ya go.
Attached Files
File Type: cab regedit.Mrln_ARM.cab (94.3 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

From one of the posts in the first link: "For people have free memory concern, care only for how many % free ram, and willing to run the X1 slower. You can save 20mb of ram by removing: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\BootLauncher\Apps\P reLoadRes\Module=\\Windows\\PreLoadRes.exe

I'm not sure I'd see much benefit, then. I currently start up at about 54% with TF3D and speedwise the phone is acceptable. Don't do a lot of multi-tasking and when I do it still runs OK. I think NoPushInternet is probably the best mod you can do if speed is your goal.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:04 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

not in NRG latest rom either

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 08-31-2010, 10:30 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcardinal View Post
you shoulda known that already being the owner of a dell axim x50v
Old 08-31-2010, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

Has anyone found that these magic fixes ever actually matter that much? I've read about the start menu fix, this one, the 4096 cache limits, the goodthings2life cab where 3 unnecessary services supposedly use up 20% of your free memory. Then there's the magic bullet regedit to give a huge boost to your internet speed. It seems like most of the time there's a catch and they aren't for real (the cache limit thing is better left at 0, auto-managed... the internet thing doesn't really increase total download speed, just number of connections to the same server)...

Can anyone say that they used one of these fixes and gotten results that made them say "Wow"?

Right now the single biggest fix for me: going from sprint stock to mightyrom. No idea which changes are cooked in that helped, but it's really obvious when I scroll a full block of 16 icons with transparency up and down. They go smoothly now, almost as smoothly as a fresh stock rom with only 3 quicklinks. On the stock rom they took a second to respond and scrolled jaggedly.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
From one of the posts in the first link: "For people have free memory concern, care only for how many % free ram, and willing to run the X1 slower. You can save 20mb of ram by removing: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\BootLauncher\Apps\P reLoadRes\Module=\\Windows\\PreLoadRes.exe

I'm not sure I'd see much benefit, then. I currently start up at about 54% with TF3D and speedwise the phone is acceptable. Don't do a lot of multi-tasking and when I do it still runs OK. I think NoPushInternet is probably the best mod you can do if speed is your goal.
i used to start up @ around 50, now i start up around 70 i dont think sprint 6.5 has push internet enabled... this reg edit doesnt seem to slow my tp2 either...
Quote:
Originally Posted by creedo View Post
Has anyone found that these magic fixes ever actually matter that much? I've read about the start menu fix, this one, the 4096 cache limits, the goodthings2life cab where 3 unnecessary services supposedly use up 20% of your free memory. Then there's the magic bullet regedit to give a huge boost to your internet speed. It seems like most of the time there's a catch and they aren't for real (the cache limit thing is better left at 0, auto-managed... the internet thing doesn't really increase total download speed, just number of connections to the same server)...

Can anyone say that they used one of these fixes and gotten results that made them say "Wow"?

Right now the single biggest fix for me: going from sprint stock to mightyrom. No idea which changes are cooked in that helped, but it's really obvious when I scroll a full block of 16 icons with transparency up and down. They go smoothly now, almost as smoothly as a fresh stock rom with only 3 quicklinks. On the stock rom they took a second to respond and scrolled jaggedly.
i cant say that ive used those fixes besides the internet one... but this one does seem to work. give it a try. i am about to post a reg backup of the preloadres key on the first post or you can make a backup yourself. if a few people can confirm it works for them i will see if i can get someone to make a cab.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

It was already gone in my mightyrom, I'm thinking of adding it manually to see if the phone goes slower lol I just wish someone could explain more clearly what it is, what it's doing, and what the possible drawbacks are. I guess they did mention running the X1 slower. What's the X1?
Old 09-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

x1 is another wm device. it seems to be like a cache or something that preloads on startup. wish i had more info to offer, but i dont...
Old 09-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuffdunebuggydude11 knows their stuff

Here's a cab. Thanks for letting us all know about it!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Disable PreLoadResProxy.cab (607 Bytes, 43 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2