PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help please! Stuck on boot screen

Im here to help
Old 09-24-2010, 03:37 AM
Sudeachtrad

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I just got the HTC TP2. It was working fine for a few hours. It froze and I had to reset it. Now it turns on and goes to the lock screen. If I don't do anything I can receive calls. If I try to unlock it, it freezes. Please help.

Solution:

It turns out that the problem was with the storage card. Remove it and format it and you should be fine if you have this problem.

Last edited by Sudeachtrad; 09-24-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Problem Solved
Old 09-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

hey nayr, i see that you were having trouble flashing via sd. i also noticed that you said you named the file RHODIMG.ngh when it should be RHODIMG.nbh. It may be a typo but it may not...
Old 09-25-2010, 01:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA/GSM
Carrier: Sprint

geotravelcat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
you know you are having a bad day when this happens, then your only computer with sd card reading ability is your laptop, which has a dead battery, so you plug it in, and your dog chews through the cord...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
dude thanks so much for the tip. cornelius has been helping me but i am unable to get the damn thing to flash from the sd card.
i get into bootloader and a white screen pops up for a second saying "No image file!"

I have formatted my card to FAT32 to like 5 times, and the RHODIMG.ngh is the only file on my card!
Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
hey nayr, i see that you were having trouble flashing via sd. i also noticed that you said you named the file RHODIMG.ngh when it should be RHODIMG.nbh. It may be a typo but it may not...
Gotta say "Man that is some bad luck!" The SD issue is one that drives me nutz! The old TPs just flashed away from my 16GB card but the TP2s are really cranky. I have like 14 or so cards and It will only flash from 3 no matter how they are formatted or the size. I assume you got this fixed by now but if not, I would keep your original 1GB micro handy if that is not what you are using and keep a good ROM (yikes - maybe even stock) on it for the purpose of recovery only. This is one of the 3 cards that work for me and I am assuming it will work with yours too hopefully.

I travel alot and am a kitchen junky so I use to keep a solid ROM on my 16 just for quick recovery but since the TP2 I have had to carry more supplies with me when I travel like card readers and paper MAPS which SUCKS!!! Try driving a Yaris on a one lane pot holed barely paved road in Puerto Rico with cars driving in both directions with a paper map in hand, mountain up on left, mountain down on right and a dog in the middle of the road!!!!!LOL

Good Luck!! Hope I helped in some small way or at least gave you a funny visual!

Thank those who've helped! My Thanks to the Genius of the Master Chefs in this kitchen & their hard work. Please remember to Thank the Kitchen staff when we can!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2