PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Help please! Stuck on boot screen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132238)

nayr1482 08-24-2010 05:25 PM

Help please! Stuck on boot screen

Hi, I literally just got a replacement TP2 for my broken one today, just did HardSPL unlock, confirmed via bootloader it was unlocked, did a hard reset via the All Settings Erase All Data back to stock. At this point the phone rebooted and is stuck on the white HTC boot screen w/ the red BRPD info in the bottom left corner.
It is a VzW device.

I tried a hard reset via send/end/volume down and it seemed to work but still stuck on the boot screen.

cornelious2 08-24-2010 05:51 PM

Re: Help please! Stuck on boot screen

Try tossing a Rom on the SD card and flashing

hypeo 08-24-2010 05:56 PM

If this don't work, try relocking it and do the process again. then flash a stock rom to see if it helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornelious2 (Post 1922516)
Try tossing a Rom on the SD card and flashing

nayr1482 08-24-2010 06:00 PM

thanks guys, will give it a go...backing up my sd card stuff right now...
will report back

nayr1482 08-24-2010 06:20 PM

you know you are having a bad day when this happens, then your only computer with sd card reading ability is your laptop, which has a dead battery, so you plug it in, and your dog chews through the cord...

cornelious2 08-24-2010 06:30 PM

ouch...

do you have any old phones you can throw your sd card into and use a usb cable? like an old mogul/tp1 etc?

razorloves 08-24-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1922490)
Hi, I literally just got a replacement TP2 for my broken one today, just did HardSPL unlock, confirmed via bootloader it was unlocked, did a hard reset via the All Settings Erase All Data back to stock. At this point the phone rebooted and is stuck on the white HTC boot screen w/ the red BRPD info in the bottom left corner.
It is a VzW device.

I tried a hard reset via send/end/volume down and it seemed to work but still stuck on the boot screen.

no need to worry nayr,
what you're experiencing is normal. the newest stock verizon tp2 rom is unlike any other the community has seen. The phone must be locked to run it. Yes, i know...STRANGE. So, all you have to do is relock your phone if you want to keep using the stock rom, or just go ahead and flash a custom rom and you'll be good to go.

nayr1482 08-24-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1922569)
no need to worry nayr,
what you're experiencing is normal. the newest stock verizon tp2 rom is unlike any other the community has seen. The phone must be locked to run it. Yes, i know...STRANGE. So, all you have to do is relock your phone if you want to keep using the stock rom, or just go ahead and flash a custom rom and you'll be good to go.

dude thanks so much for the tip. cornelius has been helping me but i am unable to get the damn thing to flash from the sd card.
i get into bootloader and a white screen pops up for a second saying "No image file!"

I have formatted my card to FAT32 to like 5 times, and the RHODIMG.ngh is the only file on my card!

razorloves 08-24-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1922593)
dude thanks so much for the tip. cornelius has been helping me but i am unable to get the damn thing to flash from the sd card.
i get into bootloader and a white screen pops up for a second saying "No image file!"

I have formatted my card to FAT32 to like 5 times, and the RHODIMG.ngh is the only file on my card!

yea, cornelious can definitely help you on flashing your phone. you can flash from computer or your microsd card.

nayr1482 08-24-2010 07:31 PM

Cornelius2 walked me through it and has solved my problem.

Razorloves mentioned the issue above.

I could not flash from SD for some reason...
So Cornelius2 walked me through go into bootloader mode, connecting to the PC, extracting the rom.exe contents to a folder, and manually running the romupdateutility.exe

HUGE THANKS TO CORNELIUS2!!!!!!:tshirt: