PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (SPRINT)
Carrier: T-Mobile

stab244 is keeping up the good workstab244 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 19G data this month already. should I be worried.

For the person asking for how many minutes there are in a month (we'll assume 30 days is a month), here's the math.

30 days * 24 hours/day * 60 minutes/hour = 43200 minutes or 2592000 seconds

So your initial amount was right.

As for TC, is your WiFi connection secured? If it isn't (and by secured I mean with WPA or higher), then it might be possible that your neighbor is using your connection for their own (nefarious) deeds.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
so youve never downloaded or installed anything that wasnt from ATT itself or MS MArketplace??
flashed a ROM?
changed arcsoft versions?
installed a theme found here @ ppcg?
used GV, Skype??(both not true VoIP, but considered VoIP by our carriers and thats a no no)
Edited your registry?
Changed a bootscreen?
Changed a program Icon or any of the sense icons?(slider,weather,etc)
Changed your taskbar??

-if you havent done any of things, Im suprised you dont HATE your phone lol-

those are all examples of things that "technically" void your warranty.. Heck, most carriers tell you if it doesnt comes from their website/carrier store or MS market - then its a 3rd party app and thats not allowed and a violation of terms... Hence, having to re-flash and -relock devices before taking them in for service...

Odds are youve done a million things that "technically" void your warranty..

For tethering, I tried to fight that fight - about it being theft... even up till recently ive maintained that it was theft-yes, even though I was doing it myself lmao.. but hey, now, Im not doing ANYthing to hide my usage, so I dont really feel bad that My Carrier, Sprint, doesnt do anything about it..
Two different animals. What you're talking about is the warranty on the phone. Of course I've modded it. I'm talking about my cell service contract. If I change anything on my contract or upgrade to a new phone through AT$T they can cancel my unlimited deal because they no longer offer it. Technically they could do that just because I am now using a smartphone, but since I had my plan in place before October 2009 when they started forcing all smartphone users into the $30 plan, they can't.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:23 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
Two different animals. What you're talking about is the warranty on the phone. Of course I've modded it. I'm talking about my cell service contract. If I change anything on my contract or upgrade to a new phone through AT$T they can cancel my unlimited deal because they no longer offer it. Technically they could do that just because I am now using a smartphone, but since I had my plan in place before October 2009 when they started forcing all smartphone users into the $30 plan, they can't.
Actually "grandfather-ed" plans last till you change your plan or buy a device that forces you to change.. you have a legally binding "contract" with your cheaper than usual unlimited web... I understand though you not wanting to even give them a reason to queston anything.. up until a few months ago I still had a sprint plan that included 4 free music downloads a month..-a plan not offered in 2 years.. only reason I changed was i wasnt using the downloads anymore and I didnt need all the minutes so I figured why not lower my plan... I get free unlimited data on my lines-1500 everything messaging shared plan-as an add on.. Dont see me worrying that my 30GBs a months will make them take that away.. they cant-Im under contract with those terms.. Unless Im buying a new phone at a discounted price, thus extending my contract-could they try to make me pay for internet again..
Old 08-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Gotta pic of that?? lol kind of j/k... you sure though its not 8.2GBs?? your statement shows 82,000,000 as your usage? ?

Howd you do that?? I use 30GBs without Fail every month.. I ONLY use tethering for my home connection, I have no real internet service provider but my phone.. so needless to say, I use it a TON!..

I run XBOX Live daily to stream several Netflix movies, I use BitComet daily,i constantly download files from the web(cabs,roms,pics,videos,comp progs,etc) i surf a ton(i know this one doesnt use alot of MBs), yet I cant really get over the Hump of 30GBs

so youve never downloaded or installed anything that wasnt from ATT itself or MS MArketplace??
flashed a ROM?
changed arcsoft versions?
installed a theme found here @ ppcg?
used GV, Skype??(both not true VoIP, but considered VoIP by our carriers and thats a no no)
Edited your registry?
Changed a bootscreen?
Changed a program Icon or any of the sense icons?(slider,weather,etc)
Changed your taskbar??

-if you havent done any of things, Im suprised you dont HATE your phone lol-

those are all examples of things that "technically" void your warranty.. Heck, most carriers tell you if it doesnt comes from their website/carrier store or MS market - then its a 3rd party app and thats not allowed and a violation of terms... Hence, having to re-flash and -relock devices before taking them in for service...

Odds are youve done a million things that "technically" void your warranty..

For tethering, I tried to fight that fight - about it being theft... even up till recently ive maintained that it was theft-yes, even though I was doing it myself lmao.. but hey, now, Im not doing ANYthing to hide my usage, so I dont really feel bad that My Carrier, Sprint, doesnt do anything about it..
Yup it was 82gig, not 8.2gig. I just moved into a new house and can't afford cable yet, so I have been downloading movies and tv shows like mad.

I generally use my tether for just browsing, but as of late been downloading shit like crazy. Including updates for my PC and some PC games as well.

If you want I can get a picture of it, just seems silly to me (as internet usage seems like a really goofy thing to brag about, lol).
Kernel: #Mean-v0.5.1728
Old 08-22-2010, 08:12 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamio88 View Post
Yup it was 82gig, not 8.2gig. I just moved into a new house and can't afford cable yet, so I have been downloading movies and tv shows like mad.

I generally use my tether for just browsing, but as of late been downloading shit like crazy. Including updates for my PC and some PC games as well.

If you want I can get a picture of it, just seems silly to me (as internet usage seems like a really goofy thing to brag about, lol).
I dont really need a pic lol.. was just making sure you knew the difference.. How do you find the time honestly to download all that stuff.. I can only have about 3 or 4 things in BitComet at once without it toally killing my speeds and taking all day just for those things.. I dont alot of "set it and forget its" before i leave or goto sleep, things like that... Our tethering speeds arent that great, about 2mb/down regularly +/- ...
Old 08-23-2010, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

The 5GB cap is for Aircards or PAM connections. Plus if you are grandfathered into one of the older conn card plans there is no cap. Only since last July I think (2009) did they add the 5GB to 3g conn card plans.
If you are using stealth tehering then it looks like you are using the data from the phone which is fine, but anyone actually looking will notice something funny. lol
Old 08-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

slackeyed is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
Since tethering is not covered by unlimited plans and one has to use some trickery to do it, it constitutes abuse by the consumer. Not that I feel any sympathy for the providers since their marketing depts. are causing the problems.
Trickery = plug phone into USB, phone asks if you'd like to connect as modem, wait 10 seconds, voilĂ* you are tethering.

WITCHCRAFT AND ABUSE I TELL YOU
Old 08-24-2010, 02:56 AM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

It is abuse, you are supposed to pay for a PAM plan, remember? (phone-as-modem).

you're (collectively) the reason why my 3g is only 150kb up/down.
thanks a**

/aside

and no way you watch 19g of youtube in a week.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwing View Post
It is abuse, you are supposed to pay for a PAM plan, remember? (phone-as-modem).

you're (collectively) the reason why my 3g is only 150kb up/down.
thanks a**
And there you have it.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

garage_man is a n00b

I like this thread a lot. Last month i finally broke the 100 GB usage on verizon. thats right 100 GB. i got my server up and going and i have 2 laptops 2 desktops a ps3 and tv hooked up 2 it. The best part is i have almost a constant 3mb connection through my phone now!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2